The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted rotors.....i plan on getting new brake pads also with this....what is the best brake pad in the marker for these kind of rotors?

·
U13 Drifter
624 Posts
I heard the stock nissan pads are actually pretty damn good, i have crossdrilled/slotted rotars also and they work just fine and don't eat away at your rotars like some of the more expensive racing spec ones will. you have to remember also if you were planning on getting the racing type that they aren't too effective cold so unless your driving hard and braking hard you won't have your full stopping power until they are warmed up. There was a really good article from the sentra guys on this but i can't remember the url right now

·
AKA Howey Feltersnatch
674 Posts
i sport axxis metal master pads. they are semi metalic. they suck ass when they first start off for the day. but like my boy said the other week end at nopi when he drovr my car, "OHHH shit, i dind't know an altima could stop like that!" hah, makes me laugh. but iahve power slot rotors all the way around at each corner and i have the metal master pads, what more can i say, i love them:) latas. . .

·
U13 Drifter
624 Posts
let's not forget the design of brake pads is to eat rotars...a year from now mine will still be good as new, i'd rather have good stopping power with stock pads that are rotar friendly and switch out to semi-metallic ones if i was to go road racing.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well on Maxima.org alot of people have porterfield brake pads, and they work excellent at the start of the day into autoX.
VGX is crap sorry to say, Metal Matrix is ok, but wil squeal.
OE Pads are honestly the best, as they will give you best overall street performance, and no squealing.

-Peace

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so whats the verdict? im thinking stock OEM pads?
what will squeak, what will not? and how many miles should pads last me on these new rotors?

·
Registered
2 Posts
yo Just yesterday I had a brake job done on my 98 se and i got the Axis pads. So far they are really nice they stop much better than stock and they are only like 10 deollars more than the stock ones. Dude at the shop told me Cross drilled wasnt all that because you cant get them turned, by t6he way ho much are the rotors range in price

·
Registered
48 Posts
nissan altima, OEM pads are probably the only pads that won't squeal. Every aftermarket pad I've worked with has squealed, even after cutting the rotor, and cleaning everything. As for mileage on pads, depends on where you drive, and how you drive.

amr005, you do bring up a point of cross drilled rotors not being able to being turned, also remember that they should in theory given they are quality rotors should be fine w/o turning them. Heat is disipated quickly, but can overheat in certain hard braking situations, and crack. However a benefit is that everytime on the brakes your brake pad gets "swept" and doesn't create a hotspot which will warp your rotors, and thats the main reason that rotors are turned.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts