The Nissan Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I have done a few searches and havent come up with a clear answer to my question. I am currently running an HID system and recently got clear corners for my 98' alty. I want to put in white bulbs but havent the clue as to which bulbs to use, I had been using ambers and i really just hate that look.

My HID system bulbs are extremely white, I gues you could compare them to the Sylvania Silverstar bulbs which is what I was running prior to the HID.

All the info i can get would be appreciated.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking about those, APC makes some and I think MTEC makes some as well. Those are what I was seriously considering.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i dont like the amber look, let me rephrase that.... I HATE AMBERS!!! that is why i want something extremely white

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
siiz,
my other thread about upgraded wiring harnesses. do you think that they will give an HID look with Sylvania Silverstars?

·
renwO amitlA duorP
774 Posts
i tried the 1157 apc hyperwhites but they were a slight bit smaller than our stock bulbs. so i must find another brand that fits and is hyperwhite

·
$nªþþe® Lªþþe®
154 Posts
If yer talkin bout yer turn sigs the law says they have to be amber. If I see a blinkin white light it don't mean anything to me. If I see a blinking amber light I know someone's turning. So if you get in a crash while turning, blame yerself. While your at it make your brake lights blue and your headlight red just to thoroughly confuse everyone!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
actually in KY there is no law as to what color turn sigs have to be. trust me, i have already investigated this. there are regulations as to what colors they cannot be, these are red, green, and certain shades of blue. a brilliant white is not a reserved color, so therefore, by placing the right bulbs i can reach my desired look of all white. unfortunately there isnt a truly white silver effect bulb currently on the market, that i have found. so i had to get the next best thing a hyper white with a slight blue tint. not quite what i was looking for, but it will work. actually at night it almost looks like daylight when im driving. esp with my HID

·
renwO amitlA duorP
774 Posts
yeah if i see a blinking corner light no matter what color it is i know whats going on. its not like the crack pipe of mine is lite at all times when im driving

·
Kill me now!
288 Posts
You need to get Jam Strait white led bulbs for your turn signals. They match hid lights very well. Most hyper white bulbs have a green or yellow look to them. The led bulbs give off an actual white light with a slight bluish-purple hue. Try jamstrait.com

My sig has a picture of them next to some cheapo APC headlight bulbs (makes the APC hiper whites look really lame). The led turn signals don't look quite as blue in real life as they do in the picture.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts