The Nissan Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
*Honorary Member* Bass&Style is all U need.
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled this from the Consumer's Report page..

I have to post 2 pics since it has a 100K cap on the images you can upload.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The tests behind the Ratings

The overall score is based primarily on gloss and durability, as well as cleaning, resistance to scratching or hazing, and ease of use. For most tests, we used metal panels with a finish similar to that on car panels. We applied a quarter-teaspoon of polish and used an equal number of buffing strokes with each sample. To assess gloss, three engineers visually compared two products at a time. For our durability tests, more than 1,500 measurements tracked how water beaded as the wax wore away. We used a syringe to deposit two consistently sized drops of distilled water in the same two places on each test panel. An optical comparator enlarged each drop and allowed us to gauge the contact angle from the side of the drop to the panel's surface. We weathered the waxed panels outdoors, retesting periodically. The contact angle decreased from 90 degrees or more to 60 degrees or less as the wax wore away. Our cleaning and scratching/hazing tests were much like those for gloss, with side-by-side comparisons of test panels. For the ease-of-use tests, we used cars volunteered by staffers. Price is the estimated average for the size tested, based on a national survey.

·
*Honorary Member* Bass&Style is all U need.
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Second half of the image

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
14,715 Posts
from those in the know say Zaino Brothers...

That CR is the same one I was posting from months ago.. thanks for uploading the pics...

I've been thinking if one can use 2 waxes on the car. First a low scratch, then a high gloss one.

·
ASE certified wiseass
174 Posts
That wasn't fair.

The meguiars three step wax takes THREE STEPS. DUH!! You can't just apply the wax and not the cleaner or polish. So of course they each have their fall-out.

If you have a strong arm and some time, the full three step meguiars system is great. Use the cleaner, buff it out, use the polish, buff it out, then use the paste wax and buff it out. Its like a mirror.

Randy

G

·
I like Zymol. But my roomie moved out and took the Zymol with him. So next time I wax it, I'll try Maquires because it came in the bucket of handy dandy car cleaning stuff my bf bought me.

Demmy

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm with Vtec Killer

ZBest car wax rocks. It really does everything it claims to do. Plus, it's really easy to use.

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
14,715 Posts
i was never happy with the 3 step Meguiars thing... was ok, but didn't really do its job on my last car...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.