The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find any info online about anyone doing this and even 2019 info is lacking.

What is the best way to get an amp power wire through the firewall? I'm considering going along the hood release cable as I don't see an easier way to do it. I can see a big grommet for a wire bundle behind the battery but I can't see where it enters the cabin because it's so high.

It looks like I'm caught between removing the tire and removing the battery. I'm assuming the underlying chassis is the same as the last gen so I think I will try to follow the hood cable since I can see it from inside the cabin easily.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Just did the same to run a 10 gauge power wire into cabin on Versa, had to drill a hole in firewall and removed the battery and airbox to get a clear picture of exactly where I was at to avoid butchering electrical. Covered the wire with 2 inches of slit vacuum hose as a grommet at the hole with plastic wireties to locate the grommet in place. Working fine.

In my case made a king kong killer power socket to power a big air compressor, had to rebuild the socket too as it was amp limited itself. I bypassed the bi-metal circuit breaker in the base of it. A 50 amp circuit now, and change the fuse to go even bigger.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks for the info. I'm still not sure which path I'm going to take. I may try to slide the battery forward in the tray and see if that big bundle has an easy oath in the cabin. I'll probably end up going next to the hood release. Nothing exactly matches with any existing work.

Are you bagging a versa? I gotta see that.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Nothing unusual, I just mod my cars when I need something out of them they won't do. In this case it's power a compressor to air up stuff. Tires mainly, I live in a place where it's not unusual to get 10 flats a year, compressors are mandatory in all cars. I had to give up road hazard years ago, got tired of waiting 5 hours to get tires fixed, I plug my own now while much of the time not even removing wheel. 2-3 minutes and fixed at like 90% success rate. Until next time anyway. When I get tires changed at worn out they often have 5-6 holes in each one.

Texas construction fools who simply leave the truck tailgate down to empty all the nails out of the bed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh it sounded cooler when I thought you had airbag suspension :) I think the last time I had to deal with more than two punctures in a year, it was after a hurricane a while ago, probably around 2007.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts