The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Bad Boys are Back!!!
12,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 3.5SE because of which I always keep filling 92/93/94(keep alternating). Well anyway, until now, I have been driving the same way without changing my driving habits and all of a sudden last week(I filled 94), I got 436 miles on 18.6gallons. Is that great or what. Now I am curious as to how this happened. Is it because my engine is breaking up(5000miles) or something else. Whatever it is, I am crazed with happiness. just thought will share it with you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had the same thing (sort of) happen to me. I have 02 SE automatic and normally get around 19-20 mpg. BUT...a few months ago after I filled up at Chevron, I checked my mileage and it came out to around 23mpg. I didn't drive any differently than normal and since then it hasn't been that high. I have no idea why the mileage was so much better. At that point I had around 9000 miles on my Alty.

·
Shift_lefty
1,001 Posts
Jeez, I must baby the sh*t out of mine! 439 miles last tank filled up to the tippity top with 16.4!!! Then again my car does almost nothing other than highway and was in the snow/ice this weekend so it's was babied on the highways as well. That's with 89 too.

·
Get Off My Balls
1,600 Posts
DesiEGO said:
Wow really, thats pretty good, I've generally been getting 19-21 mpg...........so maybe this is good, I hope I keep getting this from now on !!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have 26,000 miles on my car in a year . I abuse the shit out of my car and have no problems at all with it:D thats why i lease

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Nissan just put in a new MAF and some other parts that left me stuck over the weekend in Vermont and my mpg's on the way down to NJ at an avg speed of 70mph was 30.3mpg. Prior to that my avg mpg was 27.0 (based on about 4000 miles on the trip computer) I use sunoco ultra (94). I did notice with off brand gas, my mpg went down slightly.
Oh, this is off the trip computer and when I filled up after driving 287 miles from vermont the car took a little over 9 gallons so the computer if very accurate.

·
Registered
57 Posts
last year i drove to padre island from st louis and i got 27 mpg the whole way. speeds were 80 to 130. i was pretty F ing happy.

·
Registered
71 Posts
TheGsPot said:
evrytime i fill up my tank is around 420-430 and i get 25mpg
On my first tank I got 256 miles and 15.6 mpg.2.5s auto.
Changes in temp and humidity along with warm up time all affect the mileage.

·
Sarcastic Member
3,548 Posts
Well, I've noticed the my mpg think always says 16.2 all the time, no matter how slow I drive or how many times I reset it. Also my average speed is always 17-18mph ?? I think my car is confused :confused:

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,287 Posts
I get between 22-23 in the city

·
I Need A Job
203 Posts
When driving 2 hour trips home from college the best I have gotten is like 33.9 or 34 on highway(70-80mph), don't check it to much in town I'll look out for that.

·
Bad Boys are Back!!!
12,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yotaru said:
When driving 2 hour trips home from college the best I have gotten is like 33.9 or 34 on highway(70-80mph), don't check it to much in town I'll look out for that.
Man that is pretty good, the only one reason someone would consider getting a 2.5 !!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
I tend to average around 25.4 to 25.7 in the winter going back and forth to work. When the nice weather is here, my average for the same driving gets over 27 at times and has hit just under 28 MPG. I can generally plan on 26.75 in the nice weather, back and forth to work.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts