The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want to buty a n.o.s system for many reasons I won't get into. Anyway My friend and I came up with the idea that why buy a setup when we can make our own.

My idea:

rig up a wippit (ez whip) you know the shit you need a cracker and balloon for. Rig up the wippit in my arm rest compartment with a button made in the spot where it looks like there should be one next to the E-brake. Rig up a valve to the button with a 1/4 inch clear tube under my carpet through the firewall and into the intake part of the tube where it goes to the engine block.

The only part I'm stuck on is what can I use that I can puncture the wippit and have it hold its pressure untill I hit the button. Ideas PLEASE!

I think I will at least get 15 hp from this single shot, and your friends in the car can keep loading you up.

Cost 16 bucks for 24 wippits or 20 shots and 4 for me : )
Cost ?? bucks for the devise to hold pressure
Cost 3 bucks for a button
Cost 10 bucks for the valve
Cost 3 bucks for like five feet of tube

32 bucks and you got a cool little N.O.S system that will help for those close races, and like 15 hp. That is just a guess.

Help me out here people I wanna do this. Seriously.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dude I don't care what you think of the idea I WANT TO DO IT not you. So help me out even if you thinks its stupid.
ya feel me on this?

·
7,334 Posts
Peterson said:
Or you could snort some coke before the race, and you'll THINK you're going faster.

Sorry dude...lame idea.
Why you gotta shit on his parade man :D

·
donor cycle
8,714 Posts
LOL, that would give you a 1 second burst of nitrous if you're lucky..

·
Die Trying
2,554 Posts
peterson's right, that's the lamest idea i've ever heard. It sure was worth the laugh though.

So, what happens to the whip cream?

Rick is also right, maybe one sec TOPS per can.

OOORRRRRR, you can fill the entire trunk with whippit cans. What an idea? Well, actually, by the time you fill entire trunk full all that weight, any power gains won't be noticed.

I guess this would also work with E-Z cheese and Cheez Whiz:rolleyes:

·
Resistance is futile
1,952 Posts
Actually, it wouldn't work at all. The reason nitrous works is that it is cold. The act of expanding as it comes out of the bottle makes it cold. Once it is released, it starts to heat up. Being a gas, it will warm up very quickly. Once it is no longer cold, it won't do anything for your car.

·
Registered
524 Posts
thats the dumbest idea iv ever heard of man, but hey its your car you intiteled to do every dumbass thing you want with your own property.

·
Former Alty Owner
753 Posts
Is that a sample of one of those ideas Jeff Foxworthy says ******** come up with when they are drunk? I dunno.. but I think the Nitro is safer man.. just spend the 500 or so and use something that has proven HP gains.

Just stick with real nitro..

·
7,334 Posts
sar·casm (särkzm)
n.

A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.

A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

The use of sarcasm.

·
Illest in Nebraska
1,168 Posts
I agree that wouldn't give you any kind of power and how are you gonna get and keep the pressure, or you could just get a pellet gun that is made to operate with those things and if the race is close enough you could peel some caps, maybe petersons idea is better

·
ASE certified wiseass
214 Posts
Let's go to work.

1. Nitrous does not make power because its cold. That is just an added benefit. It makes power because it is a tightly packed form of Oxygen.

2. You will need fuel enrichment during your "whippet-shot" I would expect a simple switch to boost the fuel pressure slightly would do the trick.

3. The pellet-gun canisters are CO2 not NO2. Major difference there.

4. Where are you going to get a big sticker that says "Whippet-powered" in japanese?

Al things considered, you could get a slight boost, but not worth doing.

Later.
Randy

·
Registered
69 Posts
Re: Let's go to work.

RGAZ said:
4. Where are you going to get a big sticker that says "Whippet-powered" in japanese?

:D The stickers alone will make the car faster, not the whippit :D

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
kierandill said:
Actually, it wouldn't work at all. The reason nitrous works is that it is cold. The act of expanding as it comes out of the bottle makes it cold. Once it is released, it starts to heat up. Being a gas, it will warm up very quickly. Once it is no longer cold, it won't do anything for your car.
What about bottles of Cold Air Spray that's used to clean off keyboards and shit. That shit is incredibly cold and the entire bottle is juss filled wit freezing cold compressed air.

·
Faster than your Altima.
382 Posts
Ok Guys, I dont know Much about it. How much. I want a Slight Boost, But i dont also want it to be dangerous. So how much for a small kit or some. What u need. I mean Any other shit then the bottle, the tube, and ???.
Sorry dont know much about it. :confused: Wanna get more Power.
Laterz:p

·
Die Trying
2,554 Posts
Dhruv said:
Ok Guys, I dont know Much about it. How much. I want a Slight Boost, But i dont also want it to be dangerous. So how much for a small kit or some. What u need. I mean Any other shit then the bottle, the tube, and ???.
Sorry dont know much about it. :confused: Wanna get more Power.
Laterz:p
a 50 shot (50 hp) is the lowest you can go. It'll run about $500 give or take. You get the bottle, hoses, solenoids, the 9 yards. When you get the kit, it's ready to be put on. No other upgrades are mandatory, but it wouldn't hurt.

here's a website for more info

www.zex.com

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
O.k seriously stop posting and saying its not going to work.
I don't care if I'm a dumbass for thinking this up.
I want to do it that is all that matters.

Who ever said nitrous won't work unless it is cold is the one you should be calling a dumbass.

SCIENCE PROJECT FROM THE TWIZY:

lite a cigarette then take a mouthfull of nitrous WITHOUT inhaling,
blow the nitrous through the cig but and BAM blue flame bright as hell will come off the cherry. Cool trick.
So don't tell me this shit is not going to work cause I will make it trust that. I'm stupid oh well.

DARVOCET I like your style bro keep things real.
RICK you cool too.

A wippiteer can hold like 5 wippits thats like 15 min of pure pleasure or like 4 seconds of a pretty strong boost.

THIS SHIT IS POSSIBLE> HELP ME OUT even if you think I'm retarded. I don't call you guys dicks when you ask stupid questions so why the fuck you gotta be like that huh?

·
donor cycle
8,714 Posts
kierandill said:
LOL :confused:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts