The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, what's the best spark plugs to use w/a 55 wet shot? I heard to use iridium plugs, but I'm not sure which brand. And what should it be gapped at, considering I don't have an ignition upgrade.

·
Die Trying
2,063 Posts
depends on what system you're runnin. The JWT set up programed to use the stock copper plugs at stock setting. Or even plats at stock settong

but any other set up, copper NGK stock plugs at a lower gap, like .35 or something

·
donor cycle
8,475 Posts
nx says not to use platinum plugs with nitrous

·
Die Trying
2,063 Posts
osama said:
just get the damn better plugs and ignition system or you'll end up with a blown engine
i thought you're not supposed to run an ignition system with nitrous? Isn't it too much spark

Rick, if you're reffering to the comment i made, you're right. But with the JWT set up, it's programmed to run any plug, at stock setting. But of course, i'm straight up STOCK, NGK copper

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a 1st gen and I'm getting the NX kit. It says not to use platinum, and NGK doesn't make iridiums for our car, at least their website didn't turn up any results. Also, I can't seem to find the NOS brand anywhere. anymore suggestions, about the ignition too...

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys, I just found some Denso Iridiums for around $55 shipped, which is what my friend w/an accord uses w/his nitrous setup. Are these the best plugs I can use?

·
donor cycle
8,475 Posts
1fastaltima said:

i thought you're not supposed to run an ignition system with nitrous? Isn't it too much spark

Rick, if you're reffering to the comment i made, you're right. But with the JWT set up, it's programmed to run any plug, at stock setting. But of course, i'm straight up STOCK, NGK copper
reread your post, i didn't want people thinkin they could use platinums with their regular setup.. but had i fully read it i would have realized you already said that :)

·
350Z
5,899 Posts
1fastaltima said:

If you get ignition, get better plugs. The better ignition eats up the stock plugs, that's why they say don't use it.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
doh, i'm still confused :( Why can I use coppers, but not platinums? Wouldn't copper plugs be eaten up every couple weeks w/the NX kit?

·
350Z
5,899 Posts
The copper is a lot thicker/bigger electrode. The Platinum ones have smaller/thinner one so the spark is more balanced etc. They will get eaten up more quickly. Get the ones that ignite keeps talking about.

·
Registered
23 Posts
NGK does make Iridium spark plugs for the altima. I just ordered some last week. Still waiting to get them to see what the results will be. I was told not to use platium plugs because they get way to hot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts