The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wassup guys

I have already bought a wiring harness, antenna adapter, a dash kit and 2 JL 10w0s in a Powerwedge box. My next step is to install them. I am gonna run the speakers with an 500W 4-channel alpine amp. I am going to run the subs with a MTX thunder 280 1-channel amp. I also have a Kenwood Mp3 player deck.

My questions are, (I apologize if they are stupid, I just want to have my bases covered)

1. what are the best speakers to accompany the subs? I don't want to put out too much bass and I expect the JLs will kick hard.

2. When I connect the 4-channel amp to the speakers, will I have to remove the front door panels to get to the front speakers? If so, how do you pop the door panels off with minimal damage. Will I have to do any particular wiring behind the deck other than just connecting wires? (as in disconnecting speaker wires since the amp is going to be running them?)

3. Any pointers or things I should look out for?

·
Registered
536 Posts
The door panels are quite easy to get off.

Drivers door
- pop out the cup on the arm rest, pop our the switch controls and disconnect the wires and pop out the trim around the door handle.
-next there are three screws on the bottom of the door and a clip on the left side that must be removed.
- After that there are just clips on the inside of the panel that so pull out and up gently and they will come out/door panel will come off.

Passenger door
-pop out the window controls and remove the small trim piece. There is also a bracket behind the window controls that needs a screw taken out
-pop out the trim around the door handle. Disconnect the wires for the power lock master switch that's on the door.
- at the bottom of the arm rest there is a cover that must be removed and inside another bracket holding thr panel to the door which has a screw to be removed.
- three screws on the bottom of the door and a clip on the right of the door.
- gently pull out and up to remove the door panel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts