Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Amsoil XL-7500 Synthetic

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Pennzoil Synthetic with Pennzane

Votes: 3 7.9%

Best "synthetic" engine oil?

2K views 14 replies 15 participants last post by  weed101160 
#1 ·
I'm curious to see what is consider on .net to be the best "synthetic" oil...

I consider a "true synthetic" to be one that includes PAO (Polyalphaolefins) as a base stock, but i've included other brands that call themselves "synthetic."

#2 ·
Mobil 1 all the way.

Mobil 1 is so tight on their quality control that if the oil is just out of spec, they actually recall it.

How many other manufactuers voluntarily recall their oil? I have never heard anyone else do it and don't tell me they make perfect oil every time. That's BS.

Time and time again, Mobil 1 has performed beyond my expectations in turbo applications and high endurance race engines. It even gives MPG with it use.

I will be a Mobil 1 user until they change how they make it.

What do you think they put in the trunk of every new Porsche? That's right, Mobil 1 baby!!

Randy

#9 ·
I have been running Valvoline Synpower Full synthetic 5w-30 ...And have been happy with it !!

#14 ·
Once I had my oil changed in my Nissan PU at some hole in the wall....they put contaminated oil back in! F'd up my oil pump. The "new" oil was thin and smelled like gas!
Long story short...replaced the oil pump, but the truck made noise. Lots of tappet sounds and valve clatter. Switched to Mobil 1. Noise is gone, truck runs great! I run it in both cars. Expensive, but worth it. I know sounds weird but, I swear I can tell a difference in the way it runs on Mobil 1 compared to standard oils.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.