The Nissan Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after doing searches and reading what everyone wrote, i think im gonna go with a WAI. i can't see spending an extra $120 for something that produces around the same gain. So here is my question what is the best WAI? I was thinking of going with the OBX from SWA for now unless someone else has other ideas. thanks guys

·
Registered
55 Posts
wai

i've been told that the jim wolf pop is really good; i ordered it online a couple days ago. apparently it's the same thing as the stillen wai only a lot cheaper. of course, the cheapest one of all is the obx one. but it's something to consider...

·
446 Posts
I have a stillen WAI which was a bit expensive but its worth the money. I really haven't heard many negative comments about the OBX WAI so if you dont want to spent too much money that might be the way to go.

·
Long live the Altima
275 Posts
WDC said:
I have a stillen WAI which was a bit expensive but its worth the money. I really haven't heard many negative comments about the OBX WAI so if you dont want to spent too much money that might be the way to go.
Where did you buy your stillen WAI from WDC?

·
Registered
300 Posts
the obx wai from swa is a ractive intake without the heatshield. atleast thats from what i can remember, maybe double check on that. and it comes with the adapter too, worth $20. so me, it wouldnt make a difference which one. but if names are important to you, and money isnt, stillen.

·
The Minnesota Member
1,752 Posts
I used to have a Place Racing CAI on my old Altima and when I switched it back and forth from CAI to WAI configuration, I didn't notice one bit of a difference. Then again, I never dyno'd it.

But, for my current Altima, I'm going with a WAI setup. In my opinion, CAI isn't worth it: enlarging the hole in the fenderwell, fitting everything around the battery, cleaning the filter 'cause of all the Minnesota road crap, etc. I'm going with the Jim Wolf Technology POP-Charger because it's the best bang for the buck. Good name along with a good price.

Southwest Autoworks quoted me $125 shipped on the JWT. Sounds good to me. :)

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
ALTIMA-SKYLINE said:
...OBX is a ghetto WAI, get that if you have no money
who you calling ghetto? :p

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
Mohamed said:
I used to have a Place Racing CAI on my old Altima and when I switched it back and forth from CAI to WAI configuration, I didn't notice one bit of a difference. Then again, I never dyno'd it.

But, for my current Altima, I'm going with a WAI setup. In my opinion, CAI isn't worth it: enlarging the hole in the fenderwell, fitting everything around the battery, cleaning the filter 'cause of all the Minnesota road crap, etc. I'm going with the Jim Wolf Technology POP-Charger because it's the best bang for the buck. Good name along with a good price....
I was all ready to go with the Place Racing CAI. It was on back order for a whole month. Then It was another few weeks before I had time to try to install it. Then I ran into a m-a-j-o-r problem... my ABS braking unit was in the pathway of the CAI intake tubing :(

Oh well, I'm very satisfied with my homebrew short ram in the above post.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts