The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay,
So I got tired of the black plastic on my dash attracting every speck of dirt and dust. So I bought some "Revitalizing Protectant" made by Westley's. I'll admit, I made my choice based on the promise of the "new car smell." And it does smell pretty good, actually.
But! It's got far more of a glossy finish than I wanted. I only used a tiny bit and buffed it 'til my arms hurt, but it's still too much. What's the best way to get this stuff off? Just plain old soap and water? And once it's off, what's a better product? I did a search and someone mentioned Vinylex but I couldn't find that at any of the AdvanceAuto/Autozone shops around here.
any help?
zipflint

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just install a carpet kit over it j/k :).

I would try wiping it down again with a dry towel to try to absorb some of it (Betcha did that).

I use Meguiars Interior.

Good Luck!

Buck

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I bought a dash wipe from Wal Mart that cost $2.99. It is made by turtle wax and it gets the dust up and shines the dash just a little....not too much though. It is a square orange red pad (kind of like a sponge). Anyway I keep it in the top part of my center console and wipe the dash down really fast if if needs it. It cleans with soap and water so it will last a while. I will take a pic later tonight if anyone wants one, but it shouldnt be too hard to find.

·
*Donating Member* Member
877 Posts
I use Pledge Grab-It sheets on my dash. Electro-static or whatever cling grabs the dust and holds on to it. No need for shiny stuff.

·
Registered
833 Posts
One of those static charged dusters works really well.

Takes about 30 seconds to do all the plastic in the front and you are not rubbing on the dash with a cloth, just picking up the dust.

Use Trim Shine from Stoner, it is one of the best protectants without a very reflective shine. It works great on tires because you get a black tire not a reflective tire.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Wow

mwessinger said:
I use Pledge Grab-It sheets on my dash. Electro-static or whatever cling grabs the dust and holds on to it. No need for shiny stuff.

We had a pkg of the grab-it sheets and I tried it this weekend. Excellent. Worked fine.:D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cool

Thanks for the responses, I'll be giving the static wipes a try! On the plus side, the stuff I used does seem to have covered up (filled in?) some of the more unsightly scuff marks on my lower door panel.
hoo-ray,
zipflint

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
i use armor all wipes, i know they don't protect but they do a good cleaning job and leave a very VERY reflective shine, which i like, it makes the car seem newer and i have sun glasses to protect from glare so i have no probs, the dash looks much better w/ the wet, shiny look IMO

1 - 11 of 11 Posts