The Nissan Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Ill try to make a long story as short as possible but first let me say " whats up" im new here look forward to learning and helping along the way. Anyway.. I have a 2005 altima 3.5 sl auto..I bought the car used with 65k car drove perfect until 110k miles where it with no warning just went dead while making a left hand turn..long story short..timing chain blew a hole through the cover because the original owner had none of guides/recalls etc ect replaced and or fixed...so what to do..because the car was otherwise perfect payed off etc i opt to go with a reman....engine is installed takes a suprising long time almost 2 months although i do live in MD and the engine came from Cali. and about a week was my fault going through the what route to take in my head. Speed up a month later last friday...im driving home pull over for whatever get back in.. go to start car and during the start from the engine bay i can here a metal on metal sound i stop the start premature... blood pressure rising i go to start again metal noise is there for a split second but car starts runs fine i drive home everything 110% normal and fine..i get home check oil look for anything obviously..its after 5 shop that put in engine is closed...i have to go to atm later on no choice but to start car so i do same noise..but when i stop run to atm and start it no noise...in other words when oil has "built up" no noise cold start noise.....saturday morn i take it to the shop that put it in wait until monday morn where i meet them there start it for them i get the " we will check it out and call you bs" so today wed no call yet i go to the shop walk in and am like whats up?? " well we think its done" theyre telling us its break in noise im waiting for them to call me back blah blah blah....i know it isnt much to go on but anyone have a clue what it could be and what im in for..oh the engine has 2 year unlimited mile warranty...i know the reman shop isnt going to want to pay or ship an engine and i know the other shop isnt going to want to pay labor..i want to know what is wrong because maybe it destroyed something else up ...could i be on the line to pay for any of this??? and any ideas what it could be?? thank you and sorry for the long post

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
im going to try a load a video of the " noise" in a few...anyway reman engine shop says its "break in noise" my shop says shes done...so whos stuck in the middle?? me I dont even know what to do any suggestions?? I shouldnt be without a car because of them (even though tech im not) but i shouldnt be without my car because they want to have a little its your fault no its your fault fight this is what technology is for put that bitch on a video and let them listen....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts