The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any info on upgrading the throttle body on the 3.5's? I know that having a higher flow throttle body can help engine performance, especially when you have intake and exhaust. I remember for other vehicles, upgrading the throttle body wasn't too expensive.
Thanks for any info
Ryan
Ford Chevy

·
1,873 Posts
I seem to recall someone discussing building one. I'm not sure where that is now! Even some discussion about the 350Z throttle body, but I cant recall if there was a clearance issue with our hoods.....

·
How bout them Dawgs
2,207 Posts
I'm not sure about a throttle body for our cars yet...I think someone said a while ago that the Z tb would not fit because it's too big...Also, a throttle body would be more complemented by headers + exhaust. mmmmm

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
well I'm pretty sure there is one for the 5th and 6th gen Maxima so I"m pretty sure it will also fit on the altima.

TB without forced induction really doesn't usually add much, but our intake is VERY restrictive, which was probably one fo the reasons we get freakishly high gains from changing the stock airboxes to WAI's and CAIs. 10whp+ gains from a CAI/WAI is NOT normal for a car without forced induction. SO i'm betting that a TB would really help us.

·
Parts & Service Manager
1,812 Posts
pro-flow does offer our application. They have bben doing the 350z for a while now. They are the same exact part bumber so they are 100 percent compatible. They are on sales restriction because of possible issue. i think someone sent in a bad core, but anywhoo. When jim from proflow lets me know when I can order I will let you know! Im trying to get it before my dyno & tuning session!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome!! Keep us updated on that. I would definitely be interested. Do you have any idea what prices will be like? shouldn't be too much...
Ryan

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
man so many mods I wanna do, and not enough $$$$ RRRR.... clutch/flywhl install is making me hit a brick wall for doing other mods :(

·
X-Mod
6,471 Posts
altimized02 said:
man so many mods I wanna do, and not enough $$$$ RRRR.... clutch/flywhl install is making me hit a brick wall for doing other mods :(
Thats a tough one for me too, but I just can't justify it until I need a clutch anyway - as much as I'd like to keep up with Rob! :)

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
this is WAY off topic but altimat, i was wondering, will you sell the rear shocks by themselves? I don't have the $$$$ for the fronts right now, and the rears are my main concern right now anyway, a couple months and I will buy the fronts too. PM me :)

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
yea let us know how it goes I might be interested... though I would have to wait a little while... too much money on the car in the past month or two...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts