The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what is the biggest rim/tire that can fit on the Alty dropped with out rubbing? I got some 18x7.5 Volk Racing LE37k with 225/40/18 Parada Spec 2 and was wondering if that would work if the car slammed bout 2 inches. I wanted to get 18x8.5 but wasn't sure if that was gonna rub. Also, does 235 tires fit on 7.5 wheels or is that too big? Thanks for answering any of these questions.

·
Registered
684 Posts
you wopuld want to use the 225/45-18 size because it has the correct diameter to not affect the ABS or speedo and has the proper load capacity .... a 235/45-18 or a 235/45-18 will not work on a 7.5" will correctly ... that wheel size is to narrow

·
Crash and burn, baby!
127 Posts
you wopuld want to use the 225/45-18 size because it has the correct diameter to not affect the ABS or speedo and has the proper load capacity .... a 235/45-18 or a 235/45-18 will not work on a 7.5" will correctly ... that wheel size is to narrow
I want to mount new rims on new tires that are wider than the stock Turanzo's BUT try to keep the same tire height (or as close as possible). I'm planning on getting an Eibach kit.

I'd like to go out to 235/50/17 or 245/50/17. Not sure if I'll run into problems trying to do this. Would like your thoughts.

Also, I might go with 18" rims if I can see how they'll look. If I used 18's could I still use a 235/50 or 245/50?

Thanks.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have 225/40/18 and its kinda flared out from the fenders. If the car was tucked to the wheels i think it will rub with these tires or bigger ones. So I think 225 is good enuff already. I think 18" with 235/50 makes the overall size too big. I think 18" usually go with 40 or 45 sidewall. My wheels leave a huge gap between the fenders. I will probably go with a 2.5" drop. I'll post some pics if anyone is interested how 18" looks not dropped.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I think it was thai or somebody I forgot who but somebody here in altimas.net has 18x8 wrapped in 245/45 and dropped with sportlines and no rub. Correct me if im wrong but not really sure if it was sprotlines, could be pro-kit.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
eibach springs doesn't drop the car that much maybe thats why it doesn't rub. But i can't be 100% sure. but doesn't 245 flare out a lot from the fenders? i wanna go with jic magic when they have some damper systems and give it at least a 2" drop. I finally got some pics of my car, but since i'm a newbie i have no idea how to post it up. Can anyone help me with that? thanks.

·
BOSRI NAH CHOD!
641 Posts
245/45/19 with the CORRECT OFFSET of the rim will fit on our cars with the EIBACH SPORTLINE SPRINGS.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Biggest Wheel/Tire

Well I just last month I did the ultimate in tires/rims with the 03 Altima. I haven't seen any altima down here in the South (Alabama) yet with 20inch rims, so I put some 20 inch Concep Neeper Zilla's on my 03 2.5S with some 255/35/ZR 20 Kumho Supras low pros and heads are definitely turning down here my way. And what makes it so sweet is that the tires don't stick out under my wheel well either. I'll put some pics up so you can see. But I was amazed at how they don't scrub when I turn left or right. They fit snug like a glove and the car does sit up a lil higher but hell when U riding on dubs, nothing else matters.

P.S. and the car seems to ride smoother with the 20s on it better than it did with the factory 16s. Holla back.

Flo

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bryan,

Have read your comments with interest. I have a question. Will a 17x8 wheel with a 45 offset fit the 3.5SE. If not, why not?. I want to mount the Michelin Pilot 235/50-17 tires I bought recently on a Borbet Type E wheel. Also, is there any difference in handling/ride if the tyres are mounted on a 8 inch wide rim as opposed to the OEM 7 inch rim.

Thanks

·
The Reverend
413 Posts
02-03 Alty owners have successfully run 8.5 inch wide wheels. This is the largest I have documented so far. The wider the rim the more "precise" the offset must be. Effectively you are trying to place the wheel between the strut and the fender lip. Caliboy is running 8.5" wide wheels with +44mm offset. I don't think I would run anything less than about 42mm with an 8.5" wheel. An 8" wheel would give you some more room to perhaps run 38mm offset. I don't have any recommendations for the low end of the offset range.

A wider tire will better support the sidewall of the tire, effectively increasing the tires "rigidity" during aggressive handling.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts