The Nissan Club banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 Rogue. Turn signals blinking rapidly when they are on, combined with a knock that alternates between the left and right headlights at about 5 second intervals. I opened the hood and listened for the sound, which is coming directly from the back of the high beam lamp. I can see the disc that the harness is connected to move slightly when the sound is made - almost like a beating drum. Only happens when the high beams are off, so when no lights on or only normal beams on AND turn signal is on, it happens. What would cause the lamp to actually pulsate and make a knocking noise that can be heard from inside the car?

There was a small impact a few months ago that may be related. Pulling into a parking space the left front (just below the left headlamp assembly) hit one of those cement filled posts. Not a big impact, but it did cause the left front fender to buckle out and it was pushed back in. I wonder if this caused electrical wires to fray or cross that operate the turn signals and the headlamp. The timing of the impact and the noticing of the turn signal issue seemed to coincide. I also think the knocking was not happening at first when the turn signal started blinking rapidly. Had it in to a garage and they said it was not a bulb but an electrical problem that a dealer needed to fix.

I just can't make sense of why the headlamp high beam lamp would move and produce a knocking sound only when the turn signal is on and the high beams are off!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts