The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup G'z um I just took my car in for the catalyc conv. and drove it around for a while thinking that it would solve my oil problem but I guess it didn't because my friend noticed that when I punched it black smoke came out. If you guys know what's up wit dis please notify me as soon as possible cuz I am thinking about trading it in, but if it's something minor I can just replace and it won't cost much then I will keep it...but it's not really up to me haha it's up to my parents soooo I don't wnat them to spend much...THANKS GUYZ!!

·
BluByU
197 Posts
I love when kids beat on mom and dads car. I see it all the time.....what a shame

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha too bad it's mine bitch haha I pay for it but it's under my parents name so good one on that one

·
Banned
2,149 Posts
^Pathetic. I fear for your future.

As for the black smoke, it's burning oil, which usually indicates a head gasket problem.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Burning oil is blue, not black. Check your air filter and run some fuel injector cleaner through the system and see if it clear it up.

.but it's not really up to me haha it's up to my parents soooo I don't wnat them to spend much
I pay for it but it's under my parents name
You really need to get your story straight before you post it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
burning oil is blue

white is head gasket

black is running rich (the computer just dumps extra fuel when you floor it. or if it is consistant then you have some other problem)

·
Registered
136 Posts
dude its from your turbo, too many pounds of boost. Your car is too fast too furious.

·
Registered
1 Posts
burning oil is blue

white is head gasket

black is running rich (the computer just dumps extra fuel when you floor it. or if it is consistant then you have some other problem)
wrong---white is not a headgasget its coolant in the combustion chamber/ black=rich condition could be maf sensor or fuel injectors

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
'...white is not a headgasget its coolant in the combustion chamber...'

What is the most common way for that to occur? Head gasket blown.

Both oil and fuel in too much quantity will burn black at first, then go white or blue if bad enough and the ignition does not wet out. Oil goes blue faster because it does not burn as easy. I've seen a whopping overfuel put out clouds of white smoke before.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
8 Participants
amc49
The Nissan Club
Welcome to Nissan Club, one of the largest Nissan forum communities. Discussion, reviews, maintenance and more.
Full Forum Listing