The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cars been at the Dealer twice now for the same issue. While driving these lights come on and stay on, when you shut car off they reset then are off for a few weeks and then return. the dealer cant seem to figure what's causing it.
anyone else having this problem?
see attached picture of the lights that are on

·
Inventor of the schwa
63 Posts
This may sound stupid but sometimes the most obvious answer is right. Have you cleaned the camera lens and checked the washer fluid level? Two things that have been known to cause issues.

·
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
32 Posts
Thats funny cause in the pouring rain today the yellow side markers on the door panels kept flickering and i was on a lonely stretch of road with no one around so im assuming that the rain drops have something to do with it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats funny cause in the pouring rain today the yellow side markers on the door panels kept flickering and i was on a lonely stretch of road with no one around so im assuming that the rain drops have something to do with it.
I think all three times these lights came on, it was raining or damp out.

also yes there have been times no cars next to us and the left side piller was on.

yes the washer fluid is full and the camera is clean

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've had that happen a couple of times now, one time when it was raining, one time when it was dry. On the dry one (first time it happened), I turned off the car and turned it back on, and that fixed the issue. The other time, it was a pretty short trip, so I didn't worry about it, assuming it was due to water on the lens. Besides, I get so many false warnings that at this point, I basically see these as almost a nuisance more than a help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
We’ll just got the car back from the dealer they told me, having a chrome metal license plate frame was causing a reflection on the rear camera causing the malfunctions…..then I asked them all the chrome frames that they put on advertising there dealership must be removed :), he related no these are plastic not metal, the metal chrome are bad………:rolleyes:
so they took the metal frame off Cleaned the Camera Lens, and put there fake chrome plastic one on lets see if this malfunction come on again....

Also I called Nisan Consumer Affairs and they told me there not aware of this problem with the malfunctions, and gave me a case number, and will give me a call back within 1 business day......

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
we'll the Dealer called me this morning and related there's no updated camera out for the 2013's per the parts dept., and they will call Nissan on Monday to try to find a fix....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
We'll finally heard back from Nissan today, they told me to keep the camera clean, keep the washer fluid full and take anything chrome or shinny off the car around the camera area, and to contact nissan if the problem happens again.......also no new Camera's or updates for the 2013 Altima's....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
looks like after 4 months and numerous trips to the dealer and meeting with Nissan looks like the problem is fixed.

They had to calibrate the System with special targets Nissan sent to the dealership.

·
Registered
277 Posts
looks like after 4 months and numerous trips to the dealer and meeting with Nissan looks like the problem is fixed.

They had to calibrate the System with special targets Nissan sent to the dealership.
At least they fixed it.

For some reason I can't get my bsw warning to flash on the dash only on the sides.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I see we can add the BSW/LDW to the information screen on the dash but I doesnt like up or make the noise? what is the point? or is mine messed up. When I remove it from there the BSw/LDS sound and light on the mirrors start working again.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts