60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to locate the flasher relay..
ne one help! i have a 02 alty
where can i find the relay??

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,507 Posts
turn on the blinker and listen for the click under the dash and under the hood.

·
Banned
0 Posts
on the 1st gens, it is right under the steering wheel......i turned on the turn signal with the car off, and felt around different relays until I felt the relay in my hand clicking.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
And the award for Reviving the Oldest Thread goes to @GoldReaper...reviving a thread that is 20+ years old.

2018 Altima Service Manual
Section EXL Exterior Lighting System
Turn Signal Lamp Circuit
Page 105

Description

The BCM monitors inputs from the combination switch to determine when to activate the turn signals. The BCM outputs voltage direction to the left and right turn signals during turn signal operation or both during hazard warning operation. The BCM sends a turn signal indicator request to the combination meter via the CAN communication lines.

The BCM performs the fast flasher operation (fail-safe) if any bulb or harness of the turn signal lamp circuit is open.

·
Registered
3 Posts
And the award for Reviving the Oldest Thread goes to @GoldReaper...reviving a thread that is 20+ years old.

2018 Altima Service Manual
Section EXL Exterior Lighting System
Turn Signal Lamp Circuit
Page 105

Description

The BCM monitors inputs from the combination switch to determine when to activate the turn signals. The BCM outputs voltage direction to the left and right turn signals during turn signal operation or both during hazard warning operation. The BCM sends a turn signal indicator request to the combination meter via the CAN communication lines.

The BCM performs the fast flasher operation (fail-safe) if any bulb or harness of the turn signal lamp circuit is open.
Okay my question is can I put a flasher in my car like is there a flasher relay somewhere? To stop hyperflash

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Okay my question is can I put a flasher in my car like is there a flasher relay somewhere? To stop hyperflash
Your answer is:

Do you know what the BCM and CAN are?

4 Ways To Get Rid of Hyper Flash For LED Turn Signal Lights | Visual.ly

·
Registered
3 Posts

Do you know what the BCM and CAN are?
No I don't I just need a simple answer yes or no I have aftermarket lights and hyperflash is an issue

·
Registered
349 Posts
No I don't I just need a simple answer yes or no I have aftermarket lights and hyperflash is an issue
Welcome to the new world of high tech automotive electronics. The simple answer is NO; there's no flasher like in the older generations of vehicles. Like Trock tried to explain to you, the steering column stalk switches send a signal to the BCM which in turn notifies the IPDM to supply power to the exterior lights. The IPDM is a complex sealed module. What you need to fix requires a fix from some aftermarket kit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts