The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got to test drive and examine the Altima with all three cloth interior designs. In Canada, you really don't have a choice of the colour of the interior since it is already matched to the exterior colour and trim of your choice. For example, a silver 2.5 comes with a frost interior while a 3.5 se comes with a charcoal interior. It is interesting that only the silver and the red (burgundy) models in 3.5 se trim offer a charcoal interior. I think the charcoal trim looks more expensive ( or less cheap) than the blond and frost. Maybe, the abundant dark plastic is not as noticeable. In my opinion, the frost interior looks the cheapest but it does feel roomier. Also, if you want a black steering wheel, you have to choose the charcoal interior. In fact, I looked at a Maxima se's black steering wheel and it looks almost identical to the one in the charcoal interior Altima.

Sadly, in Toronto, all V6 Altima orders for this year have been placed already so I will have to wait a few months to get one. Also, all dealers that I talked to won't budge much from MSRP as demand is so high.

By the way, I thought the 3.5 se was quiet although I could hear the engine upon acceleration. (not a bad thing) The suspension had a solid and tight feel but was not overly firm. Steering feel is average but I could live with it. The driver's center armrest has two height positions. I thought that it was positioned a bit too far back on the lower position and too high in the upper position. I heard a bit of wind noise from the drivers window but it didn't bother me. Overall, a very nice ride.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just got back from the Nissan dealership

And I will agree that the Frost looks the cheapest compared to the others, but I think the Blond Leather interior looks the best.

I looked inside 6 different Altimas tonight,
3 S models, 1 SL, and 2 SE models.
1 SE had frost cloth, it was Seascape, the other had Blond Leather, it was Noveau Ruby. 1 S model had frost, it was Seascape, 1 had Black, it was Seascape, and the other had Blond, it was Velvet Beige, the last one, a Mystic Emerald SL (the nicest looking one on the lot IMO) had Blond.

I didn't see any with Charcoal Leather. But from what I have seen in the brochures, the Charcoal leather has little grains sticking out, it isn't preforated, it sort of like snake skin, I don't like that, the Blond one I saw today had very smooth looking leather, it did look cheaper than the Maxima's, but looked at least on par with the current Honda Accord EXV6's leather. I was at the dealership while it was closed, that's the best time to go IMO, I am going to try to get a digital camera next week, so I might go back and snap a few pictures.

I also saw a new Camry at an apartment complex today, I turn around to go and look at it. I will admit, I do like the new styling on the SE models ONLY, they look downright sporty, not as sporty as the Altima but sporty. I actually like the SE Camry better than I like the Maxima now. The Camry was Stratosphere Blue with Charcoal cloth interior. I have to add it to my shopping list.

The VW's I saw today @ Vic Bailey VW sure did look nice as well, but the Altima IMO looks better than them as well, they look too small now, with the Altima looking similar to them and all. What shocked me was the price. I looked at a Candy White Passat GLS 1.8t with auto transmission and the luxury pkg. it totaled 25k and some change, while the Seascape Altima 3.5SE I looked at today was like 25,900, pretty impressive considering it has a lot more than the Passat GLS 1.8t, the Altima SL I looked at was even cheaper, it was about $24,415 and it had all the goodies minus the cold pkg, and the hideous wood grain trim. Don't ask about the GLX models I looked at, both of those went for about 30K and the Maxima SE I looked at barely hit the 29K mark. The Maxima totaled out to be about 2k more than a comparably equipped 3.5SE. The material in every other car I looked at was better than the Altimas though, maybe next year they will improve it, I hope so, because if and when they do, I am going to buy it straight off the lot that very second, I don't care what color it is.

Can any of you tell that I LOVE the new Altima?

·
Slow & Low
142 Posts
I just bought a Silver 2.5S with the blond interior, I liked the charcoal alot better but unfortunately I have a white dog. We know what happens when you pet your white dog then get in your black interior car. Doesn't go well.. Anyways The Altima "Is So Choice." Can't wait to pick it up on Tues.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think it all depends on the exterior color. If i were getting a Satin White, Opal Blue Matellic, Super Black, Nouveau Ruby, or Sheer Silver i would get Charcoal. If i were getting a Velvet Beige i would get Blond. If i were getting Seascape, Mystic Emerald, or Polished Pewter i would get Frost. Just my opinion.

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
149 Posts
I just bought a silver 2.5S with the charcoal cloth interior. With the light color outside and the dark inside the car looks great. I liked the charcoal the best. Luckily my dog has black hair so I shouldn't have too much of a problem with noticeable dog hair :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have an SE in Polished Pewter with Frost interior. Charcoal was my first choice for the interior, but Frost is fine, just couldn't get blond again with the kiddies...shows to much dirt! Silver was my initial first choice for paint, but fell to second behind the Pewter cause the number one most popular car color is....you guessed it...silver. So I picked the Pewter, the closest to silver, yet different....to go with my "different" new Alty.

Kevin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts