The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My blower motor for my heat-a/c doesnt work at all. Used to just work on the 4 setting, now the damn thing dosent work at all. I think it needs replaced, I replaced the blower motor resistor and I am told that is only part of it. Has anybody had this happen to them? Whats goin on here?

Matt

·
Shadetree Mechanic
2,228 Posts
hmmm

Hey Buddy,
It has never happened to my alty...but I halped a buddy of mine replace his on a 93`civic si and it was pretty expensive. Im guessing you`ve tried whacking it a couple of times!replacement is pretty simple. Good luck!

·
87 octane evangelist
89 Posts
are you sure it's the motor and not the switch, or the power supply to the motor?

·
Banned
0 Posts
if it is the blower motor resistor, its a little white credit card sized sheet that is under the glove box on the floor....$29 at Nissan.

·
Banned
1,392 Posts
check the fuses,check the blower motor resistor,relay(under the hood)haynes manual says try disconnecting the connector from the blower motor(blower motor(BM) is right at the bottom of the windshield on the firewall...u are supposed to use "fused" jumper wires...but i am guessing u dont have them..so i would just do it straight....if the bm works the problem is elsewhere..with the ignition on put a test light or voltmeter(multitester) to the connector from thebrown and white wire on the plug of the bm(the plug should be plugged into the bm when u test this)..if that doesnt solve it..put a jumper from the blue and white wire on the bm plug..if the motor operates there is a problem with the ground circuit

·
bvr etr
468 Posts
blower motor

the brushes are worn out on the motor. It needs to be repaced.
(happend to me 2 months ago.) there easy to change . to get it to work for a little while reach under the dash on the far passenger side and give the motor a hit. Its the 6 inch round peice.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya know, I took the passenger side dash apart and got to the blower motor. I did the test on the motor and get this... The motor will run when it is upside down, but not right side up as it is in the car. There is a little play up and down in the motor itself. I know I just need to replace the motor. Hitting the motor gets it to turn on and run for a while just as long as you dont stop the fan. Hey guys, what do you think that I should pay for a new motor? I might try a junk yard... The dealer wants about 150 for the motor. Whats UP?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have to replace my motor -- I just bought one for $74 canadian from PartSource. I'm just wondering now how easy it is to get to the motor. Any ideas?

·
Shadetree Mechanic
2,228 Posts
Start pulling the dash apart buddy, should take about 2 hours or so for the first time. Try not to bump 2 year old treads;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts