The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after unning too little power to my mb quarts they were slowly declining in quality, then i got a jl audio 300/4 amp and it pushed them nicely but i had the bass up too high and ran many low quality mp3s...so they got even worse...so then i put a sub back in (jl audio 15w6) and turned the bass al ltheway down and it all sounded great...due to a ski trip i too kthe sub out and put the bass up a lil on the speakers...they sounded liek shit, complete shit, so i put the sub back in when i got home a few dayslater and forgot to turn bass down to the components...so it didnt sound great but not too bad because the sub cancelled out any distortion form my ears, then i turned the bass down and now im pretty sure they are completely blown

also afetr the first time i ran too little power i had the speakers coming off of the plastic piece a little but( the cone where it attaches to the plastic) i hope u know what i mean so it sounded like shit but i superglued it back togetehr and it was fine, i think if thats the problem im going to glue again, turn bass down and get new speakers oin april when my b-day comes around

so anyone have a suggestion for new speakers that will havea good midbass and a nice set of tweeters? Also anything else i should look for? maybe i have some incorrect settings on my amp or something (had that before)...anything i should look for?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts