The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Wait... How big?
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys!

I just installed my Reverse Indiglo Gauges the other day (very proud of myself, to say the least) and I'm now looking into redoing the whole dash to rid myself of that nasty green color behind all my stuff.

After much searching I found that I'm looking for 194 wedge LED's (correct me if I'm wrong) but I was wondering how many I'd need to cover all the bases? I'm in a '94 5spd GXE (if that has any bearing). I would like to do the lights behind the mileage indicators and all the controls (A/C, etc...) in the mid-dash area.

I checked out www.led.net (from a previous post) and cross-referenced the # (194) and found that the voltage indicated on the site was higher than the voltage indicated in previous posts. 2v more, to be precise. I was wondering what kind of effect this would have. Would it be considerably dimmer without those 2 extra volts? Or am I just paranoid.

Also, how much actual "work" (I guess you could say I'm lazy, but motivated) is involved in the whole process? I have no problem taking apart my dash, but what is going to be my main concern when switching out the actual lights?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

pic0

·
I can't type
2,545 Posts
you can replace the guage lights with 194 leds. The climate controls have been done search. Poisonfist did the write up. See his sig I think theres a link for that there. he also did custom needles that are blue.

·
Wait... How big?
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rf_fanatic said:
you can replace the guage lights with 194 leds. The climate controls have been done search. Poisonfist did the write up. See his sig I think theres a link for that there. he also did custom needles that are blue.
Climate Controls! Yes, that's what I couldn't think of. Damn my inability to name mysteriously named parts! Haha, thanks loads. As for the needles, I'll leave that for a summer job, I'm not looking to get into that right now ;)

So, still wondering, how many are there altogether?

pic0

·
Wait... How big?
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now, I'm reading all these things, and I'm thinking to myself "am I going to have to solder multiple LED's behind these damend buttons? Well. Do I? I'll be using 194 wedge LED's just like go in the gauges, right? Hmm...

pic0

·
I can't type
2,545 Posts
the climate controls must be custom done (sodering leds) but the guages can be done with 4 of the 194 LED bulbs. The needles also must be custom done. Have fun!!

·
Talib Kweli
275 Posts
yeah i think the led's behind the climate control are a diff. size. so i heard. but i think im wrong. ask Peterson, he knows

1 - 9 of 9 Posts