The Nissan Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why are all the bolt heads under sized ? A 14mm is not a 14mm or 9/16..It's not American and its not Metric and its not British standard its not in 32nds and its not in 64ths...So what size is it ? and i'm talking new bolts......the more i work on my car the more of a horror show it becomes and i'm talking about all the bolts not just some of the bolts.......it seems like they designed to strip ? Thats just CRAZY !!!!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
You can thank Mr. Kozo Watanbe for that. In 1985, he was assigned to the Strategy Department of Nissan headquarters, and he came up with his version of bolt standardization used by Nissan to this day.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
What are you talking about? I use metric tools on the cars and they fit pretty much everything. All Japanese stuff pretty much uses ISO metric.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What are you talking about? I use metric tools on the cars and they fit pretty much everything. All Japanese stuff pretty much uses ISO metric.
Metric bolt with such a sloppy fit that the head rounds right off when you put a wrench on it and a 9/16 won't fit either.......Now i'm missing the layer of skin that was the top of my hand...........

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
The bolts fit the tools perfectly if you use the right one. Work smarter not harder is how you save the skin. Not everything on the cars uses a 9/16" and should be a 14 mm. instead.

Your skills affect that as much as the correct tools, clearly you are lacking there.

I haven't stripped or rounded off a bolt in so long I cannot remember and been doing the work for 45+ years now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The bolts fit the tools perfectly if you use the right one. Work smarter not harder is how you save the skin. Not everything on the cars uses a 9/16" and should be a 14 mm. instead.

Your skills affect that as much as the correct tools, clearly you are lacking there.

I haven't stripped or rounded off a bolt in so long I cannot remember and been doing the work for 45+ years now.
I'm certified are you ? Don't talk to me like i'm a idiot......I have a tool set that you would drool over.......I asked a question and like a fool you trolled me.....Go bother somebody else

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
You're not certified and quit with that. I used to tear cert mechs a new one every time I came across them, our family garage took away huge chunks of work from the GM dealership across the street and those cert guys came over all the time to learn things. I built race engines for many of them.

A cert mech would not DREAM of using a 9/16" in place of the correct 14 mm. on an asian car there and making yourself look silly pushing that issue further.

Toolsets mean nothing, cert is in the head NOT the toolbox. Seen many of you try it though. I make up my own ATX rebuild specialty toolsets that you have to pay $250+ for out of plumbing black pipe and plastic fittings for literally nothing when I rebuild automatics. But just so you know I have 3 rollaways full and still tools all over the place. I make my own as I need them too.

I don't have to be certified, I've done everything that can be done on a car for over 45+ years now and 3 and often 4 running at all times during that. I DO NOT pay for car repair ever. Or motorcycle either.

If you've got so many tools I suggest you start by using the right one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.