The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,
I'm brand new to this forum, and it's cool to see such a huge community of Altima fans. This last summer I bought a 2002 Altima SE 3.5L (5 speed) and it is a great car. I spent an hour or so looking for posts describing the one and only issue I have with my car, the boot on the shifter. I didn't find any similar problems, so I was a little surprised.

Basically the leather(ish) boot around my shifter is no longer secured to the console and it looks pretty tacky. No problem, I thought, I'll just replace it with a nice aftermarket boot and maybe a nice shift knob as well. Well, the Altima has got to be the only car out there that the boot doesn't actually wrap around its shifter, rather it attaches inside the top of the console. I have been looking for quite some time for some type of replacement or upgrade for that. I have a great warranty, but I would much prefer to fix this myself.

Question here, does anyone have a recommended fix, or recommended manufacturers I can check out? Thanks in advance for any advice:)

~g

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
i seem to remem a mag, maybe motortrend had a similar problem in their one year test run or something. shifter lining came lose and some other minor stuff with the storage compartment door.

i say just get a new aftermarket one.
good luck.

·
Hazardously WASTED
3,969 Posts
you must not be looking under the right thing, there are tones of threads on this topc, i know i did one.

here's what i did

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I must have looked in the wrong place, lol. I never would have thought about using velcro to fix that, thanks for the tip. looks like that will do the job nicely.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts