The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would really like to get a Bose HU with the 6 cd changer to replace the non-bose in there now. I searched and found some contradicting info so i just need clarification:

will it be an easy plug and play install or is there some kind of adapter needed that i read about

It will work with steering wheel controls?

and how much should i expect to pay for a HU?

·
X-Mod
6,471 Posts
It will not work that easily. The Bose sytem is totally different. You would need a new wiring harness for the Bose, the amp under the rear deck, and all the speakers.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so i should just go for a seperate cd changer then? say in the glove compartment or arm rest (really not a fan of in the trunk).
it just broadcasts through the radio? so is that a good alternative?

·
carputer owns you
766 Posts
replace the headunit with an mp3 capable headunit and you will never need a cd changer or you can replace the headunit and get an add on cd changer that can be connected to the headunit or you can go the FM modulated cd changer but the sound quality of those are not good at all.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
carputer is the best solution!!!!!!!!!!! but if you must get a head unit, dont go with the bose. Get a nice one from eclipse or alpine. You can't go wrong with a Clarion, kenwood or pioneer either

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
carputer would be great but its a tad out of my league...just a tad, and by a tad i mean alot.

From all those recommended HUs the Clarions look like a good match with a black interior. The Clarion ProAudio DXZ545MP
and DXZ445 look good for me looks and $$$ wise but 17w RMS is weaker then most, but Clarion has a CD changer and crutchfield has 10% off when buying both. Ill just be a little sadder knowing there a indash cd changer i cant get. what to do? what to do?

if theres anymore deals out there someone knows about like that clarion/crutchfield id really like to know about them!!!

·
You'd lose.
4,937 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts