The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bose radio head unit:

The sound system on my brand new 2002 Altima came with a bit of distortion. The service manager at the Nissan dealership did the trouble shoot sequence and his manuel pinpointed the problem to be... replace the head unit "Bose radio". This was on March 3. The service manager said that the replacement should arrive in about 10 days.

It has been 55 days and the dealer still does not know when he will get the replacement unit. Nissan offers no explation except that the warehouse is out of stock and does not know when they will have them in stock.

Has anyone had a similar problem with their radio or in getting a replacement? Can anyone tell me what I should do? The service manager is very nice and he is very frustrated with Nissan. He has offered to "borrow" one from another car on his lot but I will not let him do that.

Any thoughts?????

·
Registered
91 Posts
I HAD A DEFECTIVE FRONT DOOR SPEAKER IN MY ALTI WHEN I FIRST GOT IT. THEY HAD A NEW WITH IN TWO WEEKS SO IT WASN'T A PROBLEM. MAYBE TRY CONTACTING BOSE DIRECTLY TO FIND OUT WHAT THE HOLD UP IS AND WHEN THERE WILL BE MORE OF THEM. IF THAT DOSN'T WORK TELL THEM TO SWAP WITH ONE ON THE LOT AND PUT A NEW ONE IN THE OTHER CAR WHEN THEY GET THEM. GOOD LUCK. :)

·
Willow Springs, Turn 4
195 Posts
ceg said:
Bose radio head unit:

The sound system on my brand new 2002 Altima came with a bit of distortion. The service manager at the Nissan dealership did the trouble shoot sequence and his manuel pinpointed the problem to be... replace the head unit "Bose radio". This was on March 3. The service manager said that the replacement should arrive in about 10 days.
Any thoughts?????
What is it doing ?
Mine is picking up static from the engine and there is a service
bulletin out for this....they need to replace the spark coils and it's a 4 hour job.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
My bro's 00 Maxima SE 5sp had the leather near the seat belt buckle rip. This happened 1year after he bought it. The head service tech guy said it'd be 1 week to order a new seat. Turned out to be 2wks cuz they didn't make that color and texture leather that much since the 01 maximas had perforated leather.
Anyways, just call the service guy everyday to "check in". Soon, they'll understand you're concerned and u should get treated better.
Jae

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,804 Posts
ceg said:
Bose radio head unit:

It has been 55 days and the dealer still does not know when he will get the replacement unit. Nissan offers no explation except that the warehouse is out of stock and does not know when they will have them in stock.

Has anyone had a similar problem with their radio or in getting a replacement? Can anyone tell me what I should do? The service manager is very nice and he is very frustrated with Nissan. He has offered to "borrow" one from another car on his lot but I will not let him do that.

Any thoughts?????
You will see in time most Nissan service depts. and workers are jackasses. Nissan in general does not give a rats ass about customer satisfaction. You have my sympathy in your choice of new car.

·
Hazardously WASTED
1,370 Posts
justinhere said:
I HAD A DEFECTIVE FRONT DOOR SPEAKER IN MY ALTI WHEN I FIRST GOT IT. THEY HAD A NEW WITH IN TWO WEEKS SO IT WASN'T A PROBLEM. MAYBE TRY CONTACTING BOSE DIRECTLY TO FIND OUT WHAT THE HOLD UP IS AND WHEN THERE WILL BE MORE OF THEM. IF THAT DOSN'T WORK TELL THEM TO SWAP WITH ONE ON THE LOT AND PUT A NEW ONE IN THE OTHER CAR WHEN THEY GET THEM. GOOD LUCK. :)
bose doesn't have any thing to do with the production of the audio system, they just certify that it meets there standards.
the head unit is actually made by panasonic. you might want to give bose a call just to say what going on and how their name is being butchered. then call panasonic and see whats the hold up.

·
I'll Drive
82 Posts
ceg said:
Bose radio head unit:

snip The service manager at the Nissan dealership did the trouble shoot sequence and his manuel pinpointed the problem to be... replace the head unit "Bose radio". <snip>
Any thoughts?????
I thought I've been reading that thier was a TSB to replace coils for Radio Distortion. Maybe it's this instead and maybe those aren't on back order?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.