The Nissan Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and 2002Altima mentioned in his writeup (unfortuantely I can't get the pics to load) that the rear 6x9's in the Bose system are crossed over at 80hz. Can anyone confirm this?

I am planning on adding a subwoofer and it would be nice to just disconnect the 6x9's.

Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump.

Anyone know? I unplugged the rears and it definately takes awaw most of the bass. They did sound like they are full range to me when I listened carefully to them, but witthout disconnecting the rear door speakers it is hard to know for sure.

·
Barkless Dog
801 Posts
Connect the Sub woofer into the rear speaker wires and controll the bass through the sub/sub amp.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks I know that :) What I am tryinig to figure out is if the rear 6x9's are set up as subwoofers in the Bose system.

·
Registered
11 Posts
wiring for subwoofer

Rao

i was looking for a tap point for the power for the bazooka that i have in the fuse box and found that there is a fuse of 15Amps for the woofer amp. I have a stock system and was wondering if this is used in the bose system and where can tap from it?

let me know if u found out.

thanks

Roy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
IIRC there is a 15 amp fuse in that slot on mine. As to where to tap it, if you don't have the Bose system then you don't have the wire running to the amp under the rear parcel shelf so you'll have to get it at the fuse panel. I use mini add a circuit from Littlefuse (www.littlefuse.com) you can get them at most places for under $10.

I checked at least a half-dozen empty fuse slots and they all had power, so there are a lot to choose from.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Rao..thanks for the info.. i think i have to check my wiring as i also have the 15amp fuse in place altho i dont have a bose system.. maybe they have the same harness and its just waiting to be connected. could you give details as to where the bose amp is located. is it in the well opposite the jack in the rear.

thanks for your help..

Roy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The amp for the Bose system is hanging under the package shelf between the 6x9 speakers in the rear deck, just to the passenger side of center. It is pretty small. I hope this helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.