The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys so here's the deal...I have an 08 altima sl that includes the bose sound system but it comes with the regular stock stereo, but Im ready to upgrade to the bose stereo that comes with the navigation and Bluetooth option. Im ready to buy it but I'm not sure if its plug and play? The person I'm buying it from says Even though I have the Bose package I still may need a harness for the gps and an upgrade for my antenna.also the stereo is meant for the 08-09 models btw. Can anyone please help me figure out what I would need to do?

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Have a look at the BOSE Upgrade thread in my .sig below. It's not exactly the same as what you are doing, but it does outline a process that will work. I can help along the way, but the key thing is to get the AV section of your FSM and study the differences in the NAV unit vs what you have. Then you need to get pictures of the rear of the unit you want to install and compare them to the rear of yours. Once you have verified which connectors are compatible...you can figure out next steps.--like if it is simply plug and play.

Per previous threads...you'd get a lot more bang for your buck with an aftermarket Android solution. Unfortunately with auto AC controls the Nissan Double DIN faceplate isn't perfect.

If you want factory fit and finish like I did, you'll have to put up with yesteryear GPS technology (as those units were built 7-8 years ago...and you remember what cellphones looked like back then??) Were you even old enough to drive??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay got you I'll get that as soon as I do it, yup I've read that aftermarket stereo doesn't sit well the bose system unless I buy new speakers but maybe I read it wrong or didn't understand it well ! Lol
Anyways I'm gonna get those pictures and also check out that thread...and nope I was using the bus at that age xD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts