The Nissan Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Yeah I'm getting ready to install my sub and this diagram would be very helpful. If anyone has it please post it.

Thanks

Pete

·
§è~® f®ÈÄk
13,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Radio 12v yellow/green + radio harness

Radio Ground (chassis)
Radio Ignition purple + radio harness
Radio Illumination red/blue + radio harness
Factory Amp Turn-on green/white + radio harness
Power Antenna green + radio harness
LF Speaker +/- blue/white - blue/red +,- radio harness or amp under rear deck
RF Speaker +/- white/black - blue/black +,- radio harness or amp under rear deck
LR Speaker +/- green/yellow - black/yellow +,- radio harness or amp under rear deck
RR Speaker +/- blue - red +,- radio harness or amp under rear deck

·
Registered
445 Posts
nismos14 said:
Radio 12v yellow/green + radio harness

Radio Ground (chassis)
Radio Ignition purple + radio harness
Radio Illumination red/blue + radio harness
Factory Amp Turn-on green/white + radio harness
Power Antenna green + radio harness
LF Speaker +/- blue/white - blue/red +,- radio harness or amp under rear deck
RF Speaker +/- white/black - blue/black +,- radio harness or amp under rear deck
LR Speaker +/- green/yellow - black/yellow +,- radio harness or amp under rear deck
RR Speaker +/- blue - red +,- radio harness or amp under rear deck
Thanks Dude

·
§è~® f®ÈÄk
13,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After the amp everything is crossed over. The 6x9 "subs" are band passed, as well as the rear door speakers and the fronts are mixed bandpass to the doors and high pass to the tweets.

You want the "purest" signal which would be before the amp. Only problem is the signal really isn't that pure with an OEM hu :( Replace the HU ;)

·
Registered
445 Posts
nismos14 said:
No prob, you need any help installin? My rates are pretty cheap :)
Thanks for the offer, but I like to play around with shit like this. :)
You in Morris County?

·
Registered
3 Posts
back from the dead.

I'm trying to hook up a single 12 inch sub to a stock bose stereo system in a 2003 alitma.

I have a line output converter to use if necessary, and plan on using it. I like this option because it has gains, so I can increase the level of sound into the amp, incase the sub isn't loud enough.

I plan on taking signal from the stock subs on the rear deck to feed this converter into the amp. Does anyone know what frequencies the stock subs are crossed over at? Are they cut off below a certain point?

If I were to splice into the speakers wires before the amp, how much cleaner would the sound be? Would it be noticable, remember this is for a 12 inch subwoofer in a sealed box. The amp has a lowpass crossover so inputting the entire spectrum of sound isn't a problem. I basically want to get as much bump as possible out of this after market sub, while maintaining the sound of the factory system. For boom only, which is the best path to travel?

One last question, for the amp turn on and the aftermarket amp. Can I grab the amp turn on from the wiring harness into the stock bose amplifier? If yes what is the color of the amp turn on wire, is it the same as noted above green/white behind the stereo. I would prefer not running the amp turn on the length of the car, so will the wire into the stock amp on the rear deck still be green/white for the amp turn on?

thanks for any insight. It has been sometime since I have wired up a vehicle like this...

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey john iv done the same thing
i just tapped the LOC into the rear speakers and plugged the amp into that and wired it to the battery and that worked for me

·
Registered
2 Posts
i was wondering if anyone knew a video of hooking up one of the amps because i am a little confused

1 - 19 of 19 Posts