The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Auto Tech
4,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, we tried to get it off for an hour & 1/2 and it wouldn't budge. We got 3 of 4 strut bolts off (left and right front). We also got the nut off of the 4th bolt but the bolt is rusted (feels like its welded) on there or something. YES we used the impact! We tried everything! I need to know, how do I go about getting this off? I dont care if I have to break it, just tell me how to get it off please! thanks guys

·
A-arm brace man
333 Posts
spray alot penetrating lubricant on it an let it sit a while

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
my friend's 99 Maxima SE-L wouldn't budge either. We bent a box wrench broke the rachet mech in a rachet. Eventually even kinda stripped the bolt head a lil. We gave up and took the car to an import shop and they impacted the darn thing off. Not bad.
I can't offer any suggestions besides using an extention bar of some type to get the leverage needed to bust off the bolt.
Jae

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
i had the same problems today, got 3 of the 4 off in the front. i cant get the bottom bolt off on the drivers side. we spent all day doin this, even broke my friends air compressor. so as of now, i have one dropzone spring installed! tomarrow morning im gonna go to a couple shops and see how much theyll charge me to losen all the knuckle bolts........i cant imagine them charging me over $20

·
I Don't Drive An Altima
1,621 Posts
I had the same freaking problem when i did my struts and springs. But it was a back bolt that wouldnt budge. I had to go to Home Depot and get a 1/2 inch wrench and a pipe to extend it for more leverage. I also soaked it in a penetrating lubricant all night. Finally it came off!!! I also broke a 3/8 ratchet before buying a new one, twas a bitch, but finally got it off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts