The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Just another ricer
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been considering buying a Bowflex lately. My uncle has one and he says he likes it alot and I have noticed his change in the last few weeks after using it. #1 I don't have the time to get my butt to a gym. Yea I could get a great membership for what these things cost but I'll have it for life and they have basically lifetime warranties on them. #2 It would be a hell of alot easier to walk into my garage to get my workout in. So basically.... Does anybody here have one? Used one? Just looking for some opinions right now. Thanks

·
No Way is The Way -B. Lee
1,079 Posts
had one, i had a lack of motivation using it considering that your in your house and u can easily get in and just do wahtever you want besides working out, it is pretty nice though, but i would absolutely choose a gym over a bowflex, theres always time to go to a gym

·
I AM LEGEND
10,874 Posts
^word.

For the price of a Bowflex,you could buy:

A)Sturdy weight bench with squat rack.
B)Olympic wieght set - 300lbs.
C)A bicep curl bar.
D)Hex Dumbells
E)Extra wieghts if needed.

and still have cash left over plus get a better workout.

·
Just another ricer
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I'm goin to have to look into some home gym stuff. Only because #1 I haven't really lifted since HS and really not 100% what exercises to do to get what I want. So I don't want to go to the gym staring at all the machines like "ummmm". I'd hate to waste a membership like that and #2 if I do have them here at home, I know I will use them. Everyone always says you'll get bored easier etc but.....I jog everyday so I know I'll be fine lol. Thanks for the input though, I stillhave to get over to my uncle's and use his bowflex before making any final decisions

·
I AM LEGEND
10,874 Posts
Just get a bench and olympic set of weights to start with..
Make sure it can decline and incline.
Make sure you grab if not included,some dumbells.

·
No Way is The Way -B. Lee
1,079 Posts
if you dont get what a machine does, just dont use it, theres always an alternative excercise with the free weights for each machine, although freeweights is always the first you should choose from between the 2

·
Just another ricer
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. My cousin knows this guy by him selling a full gym almost for like $300. I'm goin to talk to him this weekend about it and go from there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts