The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, I did a search..nothing. Does anybody know if we can change the brake bias on our cars?? Are there upgrades out there?

·
Import Tech.
4,709 Posts
You could install an adjustable brake proportioning valve in the rear line .... But I dont know why you would want to ???

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
PT figured out a way to change the rear drum's pressure...ask him.
Jae

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MaddMatt said:

Why do you think you need to change brake bias?
Changing brake bias is just like any other kind of tuning. You try to find the feel that compliments your style of driving. My ideal setup would be to have 2 master cylinders but that can get expensive. Just wondering if there was a cheaper way to go about it with the stock setup. Someboy mentioned a brake proportioning valve- I'll look into that, thanks.

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
so are you increasing bias towards the rear or the front? I haven't threshold braked since I got new tires...but with my old ones, my rears would lock up so much sooner than my fronts.
Jae

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ThurzNite said:
so are you increasing bias towards the rear or the front? I haven't threshold braked since I got new tires...but with my old ones, my rears would lock up so much sooner than my fronts.
Jae
That's because most of the weight in our cars is in the front so when you really get on those brakes, all the weight transfers to the front, rendering the rear w/out traction, thus locking those first- that's partly because of the brake bias which on most production cars favors the front 75/25. I'd like to get mine @60/40. Basically just want to play around with it for cheap, if possible. It's also a good way to play around with weight transfer. Don't get me wrong, I like speed (God knows these altimas need em) but I'd take an underpowered car that handles better any day.

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts