The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
-L-
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brake light wont turn off, and I dont know why. It's not elevated enough for the brake light to even come on, so i dont know whats wrong with it. It turned off once for a little while like 2 hours then it came back on. So i dont know whats up with it

·
4,020 Posts
Or check your brake fluid level, most likely the cause. If your fluid is low, then check your brake pads, because they are probably the culprate. Now you're probably thinking what do brake pads do with fluid. Simple, as the pad wears, the piston that pushes the pad to the rotors has to expand further to make contact and stop. This in turn draws more fluid from the reservoir to push the same amount of pressure through the brake lines. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you have an auto its not your brake petal switch, you wouldn't be able to switch from drive it that was burnt out. If you recently changed your bulbs then you may have put the bulb in backwards, our brake lights are polarized. Check the bulb, i think that is the prob.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have the opposite problem. My sons 95 gxe brake lights won't come on unless we jiggle the brake pedal. Looked underneath and there are 2 switches under the brake arm. Haynes circuit diagram shows 1 circuit. Does anyone know which is the brake switch (right or left)? I'm guessing the other one is for cruise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts