The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my order from Autozone for the PF brake pads from the 95-99 Maxima when I received it one of the pads had the metal plate not joined(glued??) on the pad like the others and I talked to the guy at Autozone and he said just make sure that it's set in the grove while installing and it will be alright...Any info from ya'll, is he telling the truth?

·
9:15
2,688 Posts
I dunno about that bro. . just take it in to a store a get a replacement, you should not have a problem doing that

901 Summit Avenue
Greensboro, NC 27405
(336) 273-4453

102 W Meadowview Road
Greensboro, NC 27406
(336) 275-1375

4407 High Point Road
Greensboro, NC 27407
(336) 292-5035

Just to name a few .. peace

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
If you are talking about the pad not fastened to the thick plate and not one of the thin backing plates take it back immediately. DO NOT INSTALL IT. the guy was wrong. With no pad on the backplate the pad will fall out and you will ruin your caliper assembly and perhaps more. The piston will weld your backplate to your rotor in short order and likely cause loss of control much less considerable mechanical damage.
If its the thin clip-on plates just clip them back on and youre fine. They are used to reduce heat transfer from the pad to the caliper brake fluid reservoir.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts