The Nissan Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are there any brake pads that dont put alot or none at all brake dust on the wheels cuase my wheels always look like shit and if i watned them to look good i would have to clean them everyday and i dotn want to do that any help would be appreciated maybe the stillen brake pads????

·
11,384 Posts
Pads that put out les dust are usually harder compund pads...like the lifetime warrantee ones you can get at the parts store. They may make less dust, but they eat up rotors quicker, and they can cause noise easier than a softer compound pad. Harder pads don't usually work as well when they are cold....

EBC makes some low dust pads. I have VGX pads I got from Summit. They don't create too much dust, but no pad will be dust free.

I personally wouldn't get lifetime pads, or any other really high carbon content pads.

A good tip is to wax your rims. Put a really good coat of high carnuba wax on the rims and brake dust won't stick as much...

·
$ make my Engine go Round
487 Posts
basically what peterson said.
Don't get the lifetime warrenty pads, they won't leave any dust but they won't stop squeaking.
I have the Nissan pads they were expensive but no squeaks, I still get some break dust though, not as much as the cheapo pads I had but it is still there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts