The Nissan Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a 2015 Altima S at 60,000 miles. Dealer is trying to make a buck and saying I need to change rear brakes since they're at 3 mm (fronts are at 4-5mm). I know I can go longer. Couple questions:

1) Do the OEM brake pads come with brake wear indicators for both the front and back that will squeak at some point? And what mm thickness does this usually happen at...1 or 2 or 3 mm?

2) Anyone here have to replace rotors also on first brake change / is it necessary? I don't have any vibrating when I brake, so I was planning on just doing brake pads, not rotors.

Thanks!
- Matt

·
Registered
309 Posts
Replacing brake rotors on the first brake job for any car is not a common thing. As long as they are not warped it should be fine, you will also hear the brake wear indicators at around 3- 2 mm. If no vibration when you brake you can possibly get away with just changing the brake pads. I would recommend changing them sooner than later tho. Also the front pads do usually wear out faster than the rears do, sounds like your caliper guide pins might be getting stuck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts