The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
what is in a name?
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i am gonna be upgrading my rotors soon b/c last time i got brakes re-done they said they were at the end of there life, so....

i'm curious as to if the maxima's calipers could be a swap on to a 1stgen alty. i've heard before that you can use 300zx calipers but i don't want to get that crazy. although i believe they are 4-piston compared to the maxima's 2-piston(not sure if thats right or not). anyways, does everyone think its vesiable to do such a thing. i was planning on getting either powerstop rotors or even brembo's.

not sure if i should get bigger diameter rotors either. i know that bigger would be better but at this time i have stock rims and don't plan on getting rims that soon.

i just need to get my rotors changed and i figured what the hell, go for a real upgrade, you know.

any thoughts and comments would be awesome.

lates
chris o.

·
6,859 Posts
I think that Brembo only makes blank rotors for us. if you want x-drilled you have to get power stop and if you want to get slotted you need to get power slot. They are all brembo's though from what i have read.

·
Import Tech.
1,491 Posts
The problem with doing a Max brake swap is the max is a 5 lug .... so some major moding will have to be done , I am running Power stop cross drilled rotors and Hawk HPS pads in the front and metal master pads in the rear with Motul 600 Brake fluid , and all I have to say is you would not believe me if I told you how good it stops !!! a 500 % difference ..... I had a friend running a 200SX SE-R folowing me on the last track day and he has a big brake upgrade for the front and good pads , with the Motul 600 fluid , and he was unable to brake any where near ho deep I was braking ... and I was braking way early .... He was braking at the 5 mark and I was hiting the 3 mark ..... every one was asking me how I could stop so good , Even a gut running a Porche Race car was impressed ...... Also I have to say For street I cant imagine having problems with cross drilled cracking problems , I have a full track day , a drag race day and some very hard street driving so far with no problems .....

·
what is in a name?
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info and advice shawn.

G

·
hawk pads are definitely tite.. i run Axxis semi metallics and they are also VERY nice... i run the AEM big rotor kit.. so thats one reason why but none the less they GRIP and the pedal pressure is GOOD... id peep those if you are low on cash (you can find them for 65$~ with a hookup easily) - for the two frnot

-sam

G

·
if you are worried about metallic dust squealing and wear... dont.. these are semi metallic- and i live in az so i need something that can brake hard in 110 degree weather all summer. A lot of the local shops will all run this pad.

-sam

1 - 7 of 7 Posts