The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took my 97 altima to the Nissan dealer here in Syracuse, NY for a 60K servicing. I was told the charges for the 60K servicing are $349.

Later, the dealer called me up to inform that the front rotors and brake pads are bad and I am better off changing them. He quoted $350 to change them (parts and Labor). Are these rates reasonable or is he taking me for ride.

This is the first time I am taking the car for a major servicing (apart from regular oil change) since I bought it at 47k miles 15 months ago.

Please advise

Thanks

·
Golden Member
1,834 Posts
wait? so he wants to charge $700 all up for a 97 altima?

heh. i'm in the wrong business.

·
Breu Meister
6,646 Posts
thats way high....if you lived on long island my friend and I could change your front rotors and pads, if it is just them that are going bad for 40 dollars. A major tune up we would charge you 50, that includes you buying the parts but we do all the labor. New air filter, spark plugs, spark plug wires, fuel filter, distributor cap and rotor, and belts if neccessary. Changing oil and filter would be 20 dollars. The total time it would take us to do this would be far less time than what you would have to wait for the dealership to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts