The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay my 2001 gxe le now has squeeling brakes. This is just one of the many problems I have had with this car. I only have 3,800 miles in this car so why are my brakes making noise?

Andrea

·
22,052 Posts
Altima rotors are crap. You might have warped rotors....I would recommend replacing the rotors with something aftermarket. My brakes use to howl...I replaced them all with powerstop rotors and all the noise was gone.

With so few miles, I would take it to the dealership and tell them what's up and ask them not to just turn them, but to replace them. But even if they replace them, you'll get stock rotors and will most likely get noise some time down the road......

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
if you go back to the dealer and they agree to change them, ask if you can upgrade. I would think a car with that little mileage would be covered for something like that. Tell them you'll get the rotors and to do the service under warranty.

·
U13 Drifter
1,136 Posts
warped rotors have more of a pulsating and not really a squeeling noise to them...you can feel it as you brake like you would feel a flat tire. I would check your brake pads and make sure nothing is caught between the rotor and the pad itself, maybe put some of the anti squeel stuff on the brake pad shims to see if that fixes it first.

·
U13 Drifter
1,136 Posts
you might wanna have your rotors turned also just in case while your working with the pads

1 - 5 of 5 Posts