The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2007 altima
Customer said original problem, Left rear wheel was getting hot, so he had both rear calipers, rotors and pads replaced. Picked up car had poor brakes.
I recieved the altima, inspected brakes found the calipers where on the wrong side, BLEEDER SCREWS ON THE BOTTOM, Correct issue, re-bleed brake system got brakes, BUT they only last a week, got the altima back re-bleed brakes again But a week later no brakes again. I have notice the left caliper pulls air in when I loosen the bleeder screw up, as well the brake fluid seams to be pushing and pulling through the caliper. When bleding the left rear caliper I keep loosing the brakes. I can Gravity bleed and get brakes perfect, BUT after a week it retruns back to the same problem. Can some one help PLEASE.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Lemme get this right....................You want US to fix a car YOU are getting paid to fix?

So much for diagnosis skills.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
No man, This is a friend of mine FREE BEE. I have done a lot of brake jobs in my live but never had this type of trouble. And yes I have done automotive repair for a long time, and help a lot of people out at NO CHARGE. I do a lot for people who cant aford the Grage prices. SORRY FOR MISLEADING YOU.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lemme get this right....................You want US to fix a car YOU are getting paid to fix?

So much for diagnosis skills.
AMC49 I'M SORRY NOT GETTING PAID ANY THING FOR THIS. ITS MY FRIEND. Did brakes on my 08 maxima with no trouble.

·
... don't get caught
489 Posts
Don't know answer, but I would certainly help you - whether you are a stuck professional mechanic or not.
Doesn't matter, it's the car and helping each other out as a person ...

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
And how people end up making $8/hr. You let others take you to the cleaners to take your pay when you should be fighting for it. Look at all the people now losing jobs (CoVid) because the guys up top will protect themselves before they do you but they tell you it's 'about the car (business, HIS business)'. And 'we're all in this together'.

Freakin' lemmingworld. You need to learn to help YOURSELF out as a person before you start out to save the rest of the world.

Yes, be kind, but don't THROW IT AWAY..........

·
Chillin' like a villain
82 Posts
I don't know much about the brakes beyond some shadetree mechanic stuff.
I didn't see it noted anywhere... after you've done everything, have you noticed any brakefluid leaking anywhere?
If everything seems closed, and there's no bubbled lines, the next place I'd be thinking is a problem with the master cylinder.
Or maybe wayyy out there, does the ABS system work by activating individual brakes? Maybe you've got a bum sensor that is engaging the brake when it shouldn't be.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts