The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife quickly tried to set her wad of keys on top of a file cabinet today, and when she looked away they slid off and crashed on the floor. The weight of all the keys broke the plastic case of her key fob. It still works, but broke where the key ring goes through it. So it won't stay on any key ring.

So I'm taking odds on how likely you think it will be to get the dealer to simply order a new key fob case, instead of making me buy a whole knew keyfob?

Just so you'll know, I've bought two cars from the same dealer in the last two years.

Any takers?

OpalBlue :(

·
BOSRI NAH CHOD!
641 Posts
not sure..i slammed my valet key bunch and bent the damn key itself and later broke off..oh well.. might cost 50-100 bucks..prolly cuz of all the programing bullshit they have to do ..etc..let me know..i gotta get that valet key..

·
Registered
532 Posts
You can pick up a brand new Keyfob on ebay for $9.99 - $15.00, And there are programming instructions in the FAQ section of this site.

Most likely be alot cheaper then the dealer.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Just be sure to buy a brand new one of ebay, And there are people on this site that have done it and will help you...

The FAQ has the instructions they are pretty simple.

I say save the $60.00!!!!!

Who need support when you have Altimas.net??;)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh My God!

Well, My dealer parts dept. quoted $95 for a new one, and said they couldn't just order a plastic body. That $95 may have included programming, but still.....!

The parts guy admitted the price seemed outrageous. He said Fobs for most other cars they sell run $15-$20.

Guess I'll be E-baying

OpalBlue :confused: :eek:

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,286 Posts
Like Humpty Dumpty...I'd put that back together again...

Epoxy it..who cares.......... if it works that is all that matters.

My wife keeps busting the one on my Bonnieville...I must have soldered that damn thing 15 times..I will not give her the good one...she'll break it too. Don't feel bad the bonnie one was about 80 bucks too

·
Registered
62 Posts
My wife did the same thing with our nissan Quest key fob -$75.00 for it. I drilled a small hole through it above the electronic board then put a ring through it. Worked great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts