The Nissan Club banner

Broken passenger cv axle

2K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  7GM_NightRuner_13 
#1 ·
Hey all,
so I recently started on my budget 13 7GM project earlier this year. I decicided to order some Truhart Street Plus coilovers for it and then I installed them. I noticed right off hand that the car was sitting too low when it tucked my 20x9 front wheels on 30" tires to the rim and 20x10.5 rear wheel on 30" tires to the rim as well. So I decided to drive it to a buddies shop to get it on the lift to raise it up about an inch or so. I get half way there and the already in the beginning stages of breaking axle explosions on the passenger side. I get it to his shop, jack the car to get it on the lift to begin the raising process, so I raised the car up an inch and replaced the axle with a brand new Duralast axle from Auto Zone. Immediately I feel a vibration durning test drive and the next day it's clicking and popping. Any ideas about fixing this issue? I'm running a 30" tire on the front however possible can change it out for a 35. Also they don't offer any custom control arms for the car so what close to kin Infinity would work well enough for a Frankenstein fix

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.