The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I have 2013 Altima SL with Tech package. I started noticing that the two symbols in the front display keeps blinking ( only the 2 signs for LDW and BSD). They blink while i am driving and also when parked.

I changed lanes on purpose when these were blinking and to my surprise it did not warn me while i was changing lanes and BSD (orange) lights won't work too when a vehicle is passing by.

I tried resetting to factory settings and nothing has changed. I do not know how big an issue is this and would like to get your feedback on this.

Being my first brand new vehicle purchase i am worried, should i be taking it to the dealer ? Please help. ( i tried attaching an image, the signs do not change into amber color as they used to but just blink all the time)

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Not sure if this will be helpful, but 2 hours after I took possession of my Altima, a malfunction warning came on regarding the blind spot/lane departure feature. I noticed the Orange light didn't light up our send audible warning when changing lanes. I took it to dealer, they kept it overnight, but when I got it back the system worked fine. They said they disconnected the computer, then connected it again. I guess the whole computer needed to be reset and that fixed everything. Anyway, your situation is a little different, but I'm thinking the dealer could repair it out give you a new computer altogether.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
40 Posts
That same light was blinking on my dash because of low windshield wiper fluid. I thought it was weird as hell until I filled up the reservoir.

·
Inventor of the schwa
63 Posts
Sounds like you need a trip to the dealer.

The Lane departure quickly becomes annoying. I turned it off after a few days. The Blind spot monitoring a I like a lot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Issue is Solved , low washer fluid is the reason

After reading all the replies i went to dealership early in the morning and they told me that low washer fluid is what caused this issue. He said it is written in Manual that either if trunk is open or low washer fluid level will cause the whole system to shut off.

well the other good thing is when i mentioned about the wind noise from drivers side, they told me that there was a bulletin out there and they fixed it. He told me he drilled a hole through a plastic casing and now the mirror has a tight fit.
after the fix 90% of wind noise is gone. :D

Thanks to all of you who replied.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for replying ,i too felt wierd that this washer fluid has caused this issue.

·
Inventor of the schwa
63 Posts
I understand the trunk being open would affect it as the camera is on the trunk lid. I know that the camera is self cleaning so i guess thats why the fluid level affects the function.I didn't know what made it self cleaning but I guess that makes sense.

·
Registered
134 Posts
good to know..mine were blinking before because my camera was dirty. a warning also showed up telling my to wipe it off, if i remember correctly.

·
New Guy
61 Posts
My BSW and LD icons blink and are not functional due to what I believe is very cold weather. I have had my 2014 SL for 5 weeks and this has occurred whenever the temperature is around -25C or below, which it has been for much of the time. That's -13F!

On a day where it "warmed" up to -11C, my display screen and audio system did not function for most of a day. It apparently reset itself later that day and has been working ever since. I am having both issues checked today at the dealership. I like the car, have had no other issues, find it very smooth and quiet with minimal CVT noise, but after being mainly an Acura/Honda person, I have a nagging concern about my decision to lease an Altima.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
After reading all the replies i went to dealership early in the morning and they told me that low washer fluid is what caused this issue. He said it is written in Manual that either if trunk is open or low washer fluid level will cause the whole system to shut off. well the other good thing is when i mentioned about the wind noise from drivers side, they told me that there was a bulletin out there and they fixed it. He told me he drilled a hole through a plastic casing and now the mirror has a tight fit.
after the fix 90% of wind noise is gone. :D

Thanks to all of you who replied.
Who would have thought that the Owner's Manual would have useful information about your car? What a novel idea!

I wonder if the Manual was written that way on purpose?

·
New Guy
61 Posts
My Dealership has never heard of a self cleaning camera system on these cars and therefore i wonder how low windshield cleaning fluid could affect them. My manual makes no reference to such a feature, nor does the brochure. They had no idea why my LDW and BSW icons were flashing and not working (some lame story that the LDW does not see the lines on a snowy road - which of course is the case but the feature is still on and working). When the two warnings blink on and off, they are simply not working. When they warm up - they stop blinking. I wasted 4 hours of my life today waiting for a non response.I called another dealership and they suggested moisture behind the camera lens. I am new to Nissan and find this lack of information and confusion about this issue and the related mystery whether the camera cleaning feature exists to be bizarre and somewhat disconcerting. Is it a 13 feature that was discontinued, is it an American vs Canadian market thing?????

·
Registered
1 Posts
I understand the trunk being open would affect it as the camera is on the trunk lid. I know that the camera is self cleaning so i guess thats why the fluid level affects the function.I didn't know what made it self cleaning but I guess that makes sense.
It is not a self cleaning system for the camera. they will make errors and tell you there is car beside you in your blind spot when there isn't and that you have departed your lane when you havent. It is a signal to clean your camera if you live in a Dusty area as I do in Wyoming you do periodically need to clean your camera it is not self cleaning I haven't 14 Murano Platinum edition even and it is not self cleaning you have to keep your camera clean.. I am usually good about staying on top of my washer fluid because I have to use it often out here where wind and dust flies constantly here lately I have not because it's been in and out of the shop through someone being an idiot moving storage container hit my car so I have not put washer fluid in it and mine started to do that. where it would blink off and on as soon as my low washer fluid came on it does this after so long of you starting your car every single time as soon as the washer fluid warning light comes on they will start blinking keep your washer fluid full and you will not have the problem. I'm beginning to wonder if this is a Nissan defect and they need to make a recall if they haven't already that I'm going to Google now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts