The Nissan Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Metallic Slate SV
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have one or looking to get one for their 3.5 or 2.5?

I might get one, had one on my Titan and LOVED it, boy did it make a huge difference with power.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
I looked at them but realized that the altimas have constant variable timing on the intake and exhaust valves, so i dont think they will be that beneficial to us altima owners.
Actually, both the Altima 2.5 and 3.5 have Continuously Variable Valve Timing Control System (CVTCS) on intake valves only, the same as the Titan.

·
Metallic Slate SV
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It made a huge difference on the Titan, I know it says that with the High Octane tune it can add like 38hp or something like that. Not sure if that is right, looked at the specs real quick yesterday.

·
Registered
168 Posts
It made a huge difference on the Titan, I know it says that with the High Octane tune it can add like 38hp or something like that. Not sure if that is right, looked at the specs real quick yesterday.
From what i gathered, it should work out well with the 3.5 liters. Just so so on the 2.5 liters. I used to have one on my mustang cobra, years ago and it was nice. I personally am not putting premium fuel in my every day driver for the premium tune.:bigok:

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
You were involved in that 40 page thread on these bulldog tuners over on the other forum. Give us your input???
I have not heard of any one who has experienced engine problems due to running the Bully Dog tuner.

Some people swear by the tuner; others swear at the tuner. One's Butt Dyno seems to be the only way to measure the alleged HP gains.

My take? Get one if you want one. After all, it is your money.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
So no one has never dyno'd one before and after?
Hard to dyno a CVT. Can't get accurate repeatable results.

From to Nissan Altima Owner's Manual:

5-14 Starting and driving

Engine power may be automatically reduced to protect the CVT if the engine speed increases quickly when driving on slippery roads or while being tested on some dynamometers

·
Banned
662 Posts
Yes, but if the engine is the same as the previous generation, which I hear it is, then there must be a few manuals that could be easily dyno'd to see before/after

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Yes, but if the engine is the same as the previous generation, which I hear it is, then there must be a few manuals that could be easily dyno'd to see before/after
Great idea, buy a manual trans Altima, install a Bully Dog tuner, dyno it, and report your results here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.