The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
define success. i have one on my car
Well, the Altima is definitely not like a Skyline GT-R, on which a module such as this can easily pull an extra 100 or more horses out of the engine.

What worldon1finger probably wants to know is what performance benefits the Bullydog Tuner provides on the Altima. From what I read on their site, they have a dedicated module for the Altima that allows you to change a large number of "cabin convenience settings", but nets very little, if any, performance improvements (i.e. added horsepower or torque). For me, it would probably not be worth the money.

From your limited response, you probably found out the same.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Well, the Altima is definitely not like a Skyline GT-R, on which a module such as this can easily pull an extra 100 or more horses out of the engine.

What worldon1finger probably wants to know is what performance benefits the Bullydog Tuner provides on the Altima. From what I read on their site, they have a dedicated module for the Altima that allows you to change a large number of "cabin convenience settings", but nets very little, if any, performance improvements (i.e. added horsepower or torque). For me, it would probably not be worth the money.

From your limited response, you probably found out the same.
I've been reading about Skyline on Wikipedia and came to find that the GT-R is one of the Skyline vehicles but isn't the only one. Skyline was the name of cars built by the Prince Motor Company which merged with Nissan in 1966. Now there is a Nissan Skyline but it is not the GT-R, it is the Infiniti Q-50. I never knew but after googling a bit and translating a few pages with google translate it appears to be the case. I realize this isn't the thread topic but I found it fascinating and wanted to share it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Skyline#V35.2FCPV35

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Motor_Company

NISSAN | Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. Releases New Skyline with 2.0-liter Turbocharged Gasoline Engine

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
I always thought my Altima was like a GT-R... you just crushed my dreams!
:crying

1 - 7 of 7 Posts