The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to start a new thread on this matter but I feel that it is important enough for us "purists".

If Nissan says that the defect is in the bushings, then I would suggest that those of you who are changing springs shell out the extra two bucks and replace the rear bushings with composites (maybe from Stillen) and see if this solves the problem.

Here are pics of bushings from Hyperflex. These are simple to fix....if they are in fact the cause.:angry1:

The cross section photo is a greasable bushing.

·
X-Mod
1,585 Posts
I had every bushing in my old musclecar replaced with urethane. It creaked and groaned like nothing you've ever heard. This is why they are making the things greasable now. They should be OK now if you grease them every morning.

·
Registered
37 Posts
bushing

I've been having problems with the thumping sound, but i found out thursday from a salesperson that used to do service on Nissans that it sounds like a bushing problem. He said the service dept couldnt work on that issue because there wasnt a service bulletin out yet and they wouldnt get reimbursed for repairs. The salesperson and the sales manager are going to take my car monday and lubricate the bushings. They said that may be a temp fix. If not, then they would call Nissan.

·
Registered
37 Posts
lubrication

Will do.
I met up with ALTIMAT today and he checked out my car. May not be a bushing problem. Possibly a something bumping on chassis? He did think it was peculiar.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mine has a clunking noise in the rear also. It doesn't sound like anything is loose, just a nocking noise. It is very muted but does not sound normal. I am going to tell my service advisor about it also.

William

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.