The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my way to work yesterday morning at like 5 am I was pulled over by not 1, but 3 cops! This rookie walks up and starting telling me I can't have an alternate exhaust in NH. Meanwhile all that I ever see are these Civics with 4" pipes that are loud as harleys busting through downtown. I was told I have to take my Stillen muffler off and put a factory one on. I'm so bullshit. If I don't then I have to go to court.

Once again, just another young kid minding his business and the police gotta run up on me cause my cause lowered with an exhaust. Damn ******* cops.

·
Registered
859 Posts
unhboomer said:
I was told I have to take my Stillen muffler off and put a factory one on.... If I don't then I have to go to court.
well is the cop staying w/you... u feeding him while u get the exhaust taken care of? :D

how is he giong to know u didn't take it off...

more importantly, check your state laws... there might be a dB reading that u hafto pass... that's the case here in ny... and virtually NO cop has a dB meter... so cases get thrown out in court... check the laws, you should find that aftermarket exhausts are legal, it's just that cops hate them...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a new law out in NH stating that no alterations to the muffler are allowed, and that anything but factory exhausts are not permitted. My dB at its absolute loudest was 110, and camrys emit a 93, so my car isn't that loud. He just didn't like that it was a little louder. Pain in the ass...

·
Registered
859 Posts
unhboomer said:
There is a new law out in NH stating that no alterations to the muffler are allowed, and that anything but factory exhausts are not permitted. My dB at its absolute loudest was 110, and camrys emit a 93, so my car isn't that loud. He just didn't like that it was a little louder. Pain in the ass...
my friend, u need to move to another state! :p

but seriously: did u get your muffler before the law was passed... ? ex-post-facto... they won't be able to give u a ticket, and they MAY be able to make u change it... but maybe not...

see exactly what the law states about cars with alterated mufflers prior to the law

·
Banned
0 Posts
altimuh said:

but seriously: did u get your muffler before the law was passed... ? ex-post-facto... they won't be able to give u a ticket, and they MAY be able to make u change it... but maybe not...

thats what i was thinking....

·
Be very afraid...
4,573 Posts
unhboomer said:
Every 3db equates to doubling the volume, so actually your car is almost 6 times as loud as a Camry. :p

·
Registered
243 Posts
wow im from southern NH and all of my friends have mufflers loud as hell!!! NH is fucked up man they cant make some gay ass law for that, are you near the beach though? they get mad complaints about the noise of cars on the strip

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This happened near downtown Portsmouth. There's a lot of modified cars in this area. I live in Exeter, which has 3x the modified cars as Portsmouth, and cops don't even look my way here. Portsmouth is getting so anal about any noises you make. Soon I won't be able to fart without getting pulled over.

·
Registered
243 Posts
unhboomer said:
This happened near downtown Portsmouth. There's a lot of modified cars in this area. I live in Exeter, which has 3x the modified cars as Portsmouth, and cops don't even look my way here. Portsmouth is getting so anal about any noises you make. Soon I won't be able to fart without getting pulled over.
hhaha bro im from Hampstead, I know mad people in Exeter, Laroche, Kristin Heaps, Chris Brown, Taussig...you know them? they are a bunch of bitches in Portsmouth

·
Liquid-Ink Venom Kit!
918 Posts
NY db laws?

altimuh said:

well is the cop staying w/you... u feeding him while u get the exhaust taken care of? :D

how is he giong to know u didn't take it off...

more importantly, check your state laws... there might be a dB reading that u hafto pass... that's the case here in ny... and virtually NO cop has a dB meter... so cases get thrown out in court... check the laws, you should find that aftermarket exhausts are legal, it's just that cops hate them...
Hey man what's up, i'm from Port Jefferson!....anyway what is the db limit?...i thought the universal limit pretty much everywhere is 95db.
and to the busted guy from NH....
I have the stillen exhaust and it is just a rear section......there is no alteration to piping or the cat....Seems like the cops were playing with ya up in NH. You can't say that muffler shops do not exist up there...i mean just say you got a new muffler cuz your old one rusted out from the snow or something.....:cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts