The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any decent sources for keyfobs with key blade and fob with board? I need a 5 button (remote start). I have a scan tool i can program them with. They don't need to be OEM as they'll be extras for family members, etc. I just want ones that I can rely on taking a program...

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
This is just me, but if I wanted to purchase replacement/extra I-Key fobs, I would Google the phrase "Key Fob Replacement" and go from there.

Your results may vary.

·
Registered
7 Posts
In my area, I was able to get a replacement FOB key for my Altima and a replacement chipped key for my daughter's Versa through a local locksmith.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is just me, but if I wanted to purchase replacement/extra I-Key fobs, I would Google the phrase "Key Fob Replacement" and go from there.

Your results may vary.
Genius idea, been there done that. I was asking (which I guess I should have specified) if any of the non OEM ones have known issues. My first sentence and last sentence should have clued you in but I guess your expertise knew better.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In my area, I was able to get a replacement FOB key for my Altima and a replacement chipped key for my daughter's Versa through a local locksmith.
I can code them to three car myself and to be honest I may not even cut the key lol, I was just looking for a reliable quality source besides Nissan. Those things are expensive!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i got mine on ebay many outfits selling look for good reviews, just make sure they are cleared or they wont take programing.
Thank you. I saw the Ebay ones. I found a website (I can't remember offhand) that sold "refurbished" OEM ones for like $60.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts