The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
I assume no one want that engine, huh? From the drive belt config, looks like a FWD motor, probably off the U12 SSS bluebird. Gonna be a ot more work to get in compared to an SR electrical wise.

·
Nipponese
5,458 Posts
The ca18det is a fun engine tho, I've driven around with one in a sss U11 wagon and you won't beleive it's a 1.8 litre engine. I agree with ASHURA tho, it's probably not worth it for a swap.

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
poison, what got me further surprised is the fact that the U11 engine bay is bigger compared to the U12~13 and L30..as you may know already, the USDM U11 got the VG30E. want turbo? swap the short block, injectors and ECM with the Z31T units..200hp wagon..LOL..I think I'll replace my U12 with a U11 instead since those 2 are very much the same suspension wise. There's lots of Z31T at the junkers...Now that's a sleeper.

·
Nipponese
5,458 Posts
ASHURA said:
poison, what got me further surprised is the fact that the U11 engine bay is bigger compared to the U12~13 and L30..as you may know already, the USDM U11 got the VG30E. want turbo? swap the short block, injectors and ECM with the Z31T units..200hp wagon..LOL..I think I'll replace my U12 with a U11 instead since those 2 are very much the same suspension wise. There's lots of Z31T at the junkers...Now that's a sleeper.
More power to you man. IMO, sleepers>posers.
You are so right about the U11's engine bay, it is so spacious. Here's the U11 that I learnt to drive in, the wagon I mentioned.

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
wow, that engine fits in just about dead center. Can you tell me if the U11 SSS a FWD or AWD?
I like the USDM U11, mainly because of its suspension features for the SE trim, servo adjustable struts. Not many cars in its era got that. Stock all wheel disc brakes as well.
I thought I saw a CA18ET elsewhere before, the USDM S12.
The Galant GSE/X? is the only other one in its era that offers adjustable dampening, but the non turbo, 2.0l engine is overstrained by the AWD drivetrain.
Crap, if I can get one in good condition, I'll literally transfer my U12 suspension setup to it. Somehow I just prefer older soap boxes compared to the newer soap bars.

http://www.bluebird-club.netfirms.com/bbo17.jpg
http://www.bluebird-club.netfirms.com/bbo42.JPG

and who can forget the 910?
http://www.bluebird-club.netfirms.com/h910_top4.jpg

·
*NeW MeMbEr*
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But if u compare the KA, SR and the CA, which one can u fulfill the most and has the most with mods and hp?

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
no, it wont fit

the SR20 has the easiest buildup capabilities. 400+ hp easy

that is assuming when in a S13/S14 chassis

in the alty, it is a waste of money, only the KA will live in the body of an USDM alty

·
Talib Kweli
275 Posts
can u make a KA AWD??? or do u need to use an SR

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
you can make a KA as an AWD, the gearbox is available locally from the axxess AWD, the rear diff too, but you'll be spending too much time and money fabricating stuff. At least we know they all (the AWD axxess and bluebird) uses the same rear diff. And then you got to find a new gas tank as well.

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
Siizzzoooo said:
no, it wont fit

the SR20 has the easiest buildup capabilities. 400+ hp easy

that is assuming when in a S13/S14 chassis

in the alty, it is a waste of money, only the KA will live in the body of an USDM alty
some s13 people opt for hte ca18. they rev better than the sr.

·
phi phi Kappa Alpha
3,033 Posts
I know some people who build up the CA in their 240s. It is a nice little motor and there are some options out there for it as far as performance goes, I know of one guy who has a CA in the low 13s high 12s. The nice thing about the CA is that you can use stock parts from the non turboed USDM engines, but you can't do that with the SR.

·
:-)
2,049 Posts
CA are really nice motors. They were discontinued cuz the SR was cheaper to build. A hella lot of potential, hard to get your hands on one. I would rather have a ca18det in a 240 than a sr.

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
chiadog said:
some s13 people opt for hte ca18. they rev better than the sr.
yeah, thats true.

if it were my choice, i would forego all those motors and go straight to the RB25

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
ASHURA said:
^don't you mean the RB30ET with the DETT conversion?
600ci ford?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts