The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just contacted HotShot about the prob. I had with the intake and ABS pump, and they are going to refab the upper pipe for me.

Finally,

A solution from someone.

If you want a CAI and you have ABS, get it from Hotshot, and make sure you tell them you have ABS.

JH

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
Whatever happened to the pic? I had fitment issues with the PR in my 2001 with ABS. I want to see a pic of how the Hotshot CAI went it.

·
On the Job
677 Posts
flarearrow said:
Whatever happened to the pic? I had fitment issues with the PR in my 2001 with ABS. I want to see a pic of how the Hotshot CAI went it.
Did u put it on Flare??? I don't understand how u guys are having problems when mine went on perfectly even with the abs unit there.

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
My PR CAI pipe sat against the ABS unit ... I had to put a big piece of rubber in between !!!!

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
John, I gave up. I wanted soemthing fit properly. I see that my engine twists quite a bit in the bay. I didn't like how the upper pipe was going to bang against the ABS. I didn't like how the upper pipe was not holding onto the throttle body and kept slipping off.

This is what I ended up doing.

http://www.altimas.net/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=668543

I sent the PR intake back to Alex and he will give me cedit for it. I might take the Hotshot CAI if clears the ABS.

·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey flare,

I called hotshot cause theirs did the same thing, and they are re fabbing the pipe with the pegs on the bottom and maybe a little more bend?? I doubt it will work, but alex says his SWA CAI will work fine and they come out Oct. 1st so I am just gonna sell my PR and Hotshot and wait for alex's. What a hassle. I agree with your fitment issue cause if that pump gets wrecked it is a pretty good chunk of change to fix it.

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
Well, I like the intake setup I have. It's a pretty good compromise between a WAI and a CAI. The air has a nice straight path before it hits the rubber tubing to the throttle body. Cold air does get to it at highway speeds. I know. After driving for long stretches on the highway, then getting off and opening the hood as soon as I can... I'll touch the filter and the aluminum tubing... and it'll be cold to the touch. Cold air does makes its way in. It only gets hot during street driving.

Alex has agreed to give me credit or my money back for the PR intake I sent back ti him. I think I'm going to use the credit towards the Greddy catback and trying to fit it onto my 2001.

·
Registered
300 Posts
is there a pr cai for 99 (direct fit, i heard they wer makin another one) for the hotshot cai, i have a 99 with no abs wil it stil be fine, and do they make one for my gen. thanks

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
The Place Racing and Hotshot should fit right in with no problems for you.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts